OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Kotaku:
QUOTE said:
Coming this fall, Batman: The Brave and the Bold is based on the animated television series and will include co-op play and the ability to link the DS and Wii versions of the title.

Playable characters in the game include Batman, Robin, Green Lantern, Blue Beetle and Aquaman and Warner Bros. says there will be "dozens of popular villains" to fight.

If you link the DS and Wii versions of the game together it unlocks Bat-Mite as a playable character who can then be controlled with the DS alongside the main characters in all levels of the Wii version of the game.

The game is being developed by Wayforward, the folks behind Contra 4, Looney Tunes Duck Amuck for the DS and the 2009 version of A Boy and His Blob for the Wii.

None of this explains why the game has a title that is a better fit for a soap opera than a crime-fighting brawler.

I know it has its fans and the critics love it but I never got on with the latest Batman cartoon, perhaps I'm still yearning for the excellence that was the series from the 90's. Anyway this could turn out well seeing its WayForward who can make very good games (they even made A Sabrina The Teenage Witch game to be very good).

A list of their good games:

GBC:
Shantae
Wendy: Every Witch Way
Sabrina The Teenage Witch

GBA:
Justice League Heroes: The Flash
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
The Scorpion King

DS:
Contra 4
Mighty Flip Champs

Wii:
Lit
A Boy & His Blob

When effort is involved they seem to do very well, they have made a few stinkers but they do have a knack of making shit licenses good and with a good one like Batman I hope they can give us something worthwhile. No media yet or a release date.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really like WayForward and I love Batman. But like you, Hadrian, I couldn`t get into these new series, since the art-style and story-line are not my taste. BatmanTAS however was dark and had really nice storys. Loved it!

Arkham Asylum was Batman in his purity (Stealth, Combat, Detective), but I think the targetted audience for this one will be kids, so I think it will be something like the Lego-games or the last Marvel-Hero-game (can`t remember the name - with the small character models). But I have faith in WayForward so maybe they can pull something off here
wink.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
no usually the target audience isnt really kids but mainly teens and slighty older peeps (like in my family we are btn 18-23)
if they make a game closer to the gba batman titles (like Tzu something...) then it would be wonderful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end