Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_24102_883_109960.jpg

If you haven't heard of Double Dragon, someone will be along shortly to revoke your gamer card. You don't qualilfy.

Today, Majesco Entertainment has announced that Double Dragon: Neon will hit the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade this summer. Dubbed a "full-scale digital game," it's in development at WayForward (BloodRayne: Betrayal) and it's destined to "put a signature spin on on the father of all brawlers."

In keeping with the over-the-top spirit with the iconic series, fans can expect "bodacious characters, gnarly combat, and a retro aesthetic." Yeah, lots of 80s terms in there; just the way it should be. And remember, this is not a remake; the designers are doing a lot more than giving it a "graphical facelift." Said WayForward director Sean Velasco:

"Double Dragon: Neon is far from a standard retro remake. It’s WayForward’s love letter to the decade that spawned the franchise - the music, the style, and culture of the 80’s pulse through the nucleus of Double Dragon: Neon. But don’t think this is a simple graphical facelift; with our innovative ‘mix tape’ level up system and power-up high-fives, we pushed it to the limit!"

Double Dragon: Neon takes place in a "hyper-saturated omniverse" where they must eventually take down Skullmageddon. If you need some help, feel free to take advantage of the drop-in, drop-out online "Bro-Op." For more info, visit the game's official website.

One last thing- I don't care how it turns out; I'm getting it. It's Double Dragon. It's going on my machine.

:arrow: Source 1, Source 2

----------

Damn, no PC version. Their 2D BloodRayne game was pretty damn good too.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds cool, especially considering how that fanmade Double Dragon remake was shot down unfortunately.

Seeing as WayForward does an excellent job on things when they put their mind to it, I can't see this being anything less than good. That being said, I probably won't be biting since it seems like something I'd want to play with a friend but I doubt any of mine would like it.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool!!

Hope you don't mind Hadrian, but I formatted your post and popped it on the front page. This is great news! :creep:
Its fine, should have done it myself but I often forget I can do stuff like that here still.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I really hope it will have pixel graphics, it's a style that really isn't used all that often anymore.
Seeing as this is coming from Wayforward I'm also expecting it to have an awesome soundtrack. Contra 4 was amazing and I'm hoping that this game will something akin to that.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
as long as it doesnt follow the cartoon OR the movie, specially the movie, SPECIALLY THE MOVIE!!!!!

It might be good, oh heck it's WayFoward, they rock, it will be Okaysh at least!

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think they may have a "B team" on this while the ones that make the good games are doing Adventure Time or whatever else. I always suspect they had a side team to do lesser title to help fund the studio because some of their games lack a certain something that the ones we love have.

I can accept the way it looks but it looks like it plays like crap.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah... once i saw the gameplay video it makes me shiver, i was hoping for another awesome 2D remake or something of that sort.... but will wait to how it will be played.

Might be good still.... at least we wait for adventure time and hope for the best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Mario Kart DS Mario 64 DS Dragon Quest IX all three Castlevania DS games