Hacking Way to store MicroDS cards w/DS?

Solver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there's something like a tiny "pouch" that sticks onto your DS (I have a DS Lite) that could hold a couple of MicroDS cards? It should be very tiny and have room for at least one card, preferably 3. There's got to be a market for something like this, even for phones or whatever.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can just leave your microSD in the SD adapter and place that with your DS games (or in the same pocket as where your DS games are kept). This way they won't [shouldn't] get lost.

fli_guy84

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
My wallet has a SIM card/microSD holder, it's so cool
smile.gif

It's made by Billabong BTW.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Swing-Grips from Gamestop (don't bother to check their site, it isn't listed there) with my DSlite and it has an area under the DS for 3 DS carts and a stylus. You could use one of the spaces for the DS cart to hold two microSD or miniSD cards in their standard SD converter (like I do) or all three spaces to hold 6 of the suckers. If you don't need the convertor, you coudl store a whole bunch of them in there.

I have pics of my DSlite in the Swing-Grips, but I don't have a shot of the compartments underneath........

Hang on.....let me take a quick pic of the compartments under the DS.....I'll post the older pics and the new one that shows the inside area....

....here we go:

DSLclosed.jpg

DSLopen.jpg

DSgripsINSIDE.jpg

The slightly yellowed area in the third pic is a rubberized sort of stuff for comfort and added protection. I have both my miniSD and microSD cards in their converter in that first slot.

The grips might be kinda ugly to some people, especially if you don't have a white DSlite, but they are a godsend for people that get hand cramps while playing the DSlite. No ports on the DS are blocked.

They're about $10 at Gamesop. They are made by Naki.

Solver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the ideas. I'm using a G6 in my slot 2 (for GBA games and browser memory), so I don't really want to take a chance on damaging it. I was thinking about getting a grip/battery anyway; that might be the way to go.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I store mine in my dust cover. If you notice on the bottom of the dust cover there is space to fit a MicroSD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: And what?