Way to remove SSBB #001 error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by --JoCa--, Mar 16, 2008.

Mar 16, 2008

Way to remove SSBB #001 error by --JoCa-- at 1:34 AM (6,483 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. --JoCa--
    OP

Member --JoCa-- GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I'm really really really noob on this hacking/modding/signing thing... But I've heard u can remove the 001 error in SMG and SSBB... The deal is, I have a wiifree 1.45 and NO WAY TO REMOVE IT RIGHT NOW, but I REALLY WANT TO PLAY BRAWL, so I was wandering if there is a way to play it in my Wii right now... [​IMG]

2. serrin

Newcomer serrin Member

Australia
    It's possible; you'll need Trucha Signer (and the associated stuff such as the elusive key.bin, the other programs required to search for the other encryption keys), a SSBB iso and some basic computer skills.

Here's a good guide on how to use Trucha Signer. This is currently the only way to do it; there is currently no GUI that will change it for you with a click of a button. Wait a while and someone might be nice enough to make one, or you could just learn to use the Trucha Signer.

The file you need to extract after you've gotten Trucha signer working is the main.dol file from the second partition. Using a hexeditor of some sort change the byte at 0X1F2293 from 0C to 04. This is for the USA version, in the Japanese version the address is 0x1F230B. Replace the main.dol file, resign and burn away.

3. herbinator

Member herbinator GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Easiest way is to extract main dol using trucha signer full tutorial available here on gbatemp then use the multi patcher also available here to remove the 0001 error easy peasy hardest part is locating the key bin for trucha!!

4. --JoCa--
    OP

Brazil
    Yeah... can't find the key.bin anywhere... thanks anyway

5. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    google "tehskeen newborn key.bin", go to first link then look at the an interesting comment made on the 9th post

6. --JoCa--
    OP

Brazil
    mercluke, thank you, but already found it before your post... it's really hard finding illegal things on google this days, isn't it?? XD
    by the way, how do I find this address?? can't seem to find it...

By the way, the wii can read dvd-rw?? (I'm using a wiifree 1.45, so no miraculous things...)

7. noisound

Member noisound GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    here's link for the multi patcher

Generic Wii Patcher, 4in1 Patcher for main.dol
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=108&t=77938