Homebrew way to play final fantasy vii on old 3ds

battlecatsahead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i really want to play final fantasy vii on my old 3ds, but i cant figure out a way that works, anyone have any ways they know of to get it running, framerate doesnt really bother me, as long as it runs above 50% speed

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i really want to play final fantasy vii on my old 3ds, but i cant figure out a way that works, anyone have any ways they know of to get it running, framerate doesnt really bother me, as long as it runs above 50% speed
It will not work, ever. The old 3DS lacks of power to run it even at half speed. Sorry, but the only way to play ps1 games on a 3DS is on New 3DS/New 2DS models. There is a demake for Nes, that one you can run it on the Old 3DS.

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
PCSX Rearmed (Retroarch). Go to the unnoficial retroarch builds thread and download the last build that @justinweiss share. It works pretty good, but you have to toy with differents configs per games.
It works extremely well. You really don’t need to do much in terms of per game fiddling. Some 2D games do better with VSync enabled. Some older games need the control scheme changed from DualShock to normal. That’s about it.

Momoro

The Dark One
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

:huh: Your better off doing it on a New 3DS XL (or n2ds xl, of course..) because the old generation of 3DS / 2DS lacks the power to even run Final Fantasy VII at a playable speed, if at all. Sorry!

Reactions: battlecatsahead
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 25 bucks right now