Hacking Way to get .pkm files from a .sav file in a rom?

pokegirl_xx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, so i just had a thought:

if you had a rom of a pokemon game... is there a .sav for your game somewhere, even though it's a rom? and, from there, if there were a .sav file, would it be possible to find individual .pkm files from this .sav file?

i was just thinking of ways to get pokemon from a rom into a legit ds cart.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow what a noob if your using a flashcard open it up and look for the game name but with the .sav file type then open that .sav file with pokesav from there you can get the .pkm files

pokegirl_xx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe i'm not making myself clear.

i have a rom/emulator i've been playing pkmn black on. it's a .nds file.
i'm wondering if there is a way to somehow open up that file and find the .sav file, basically.
i know i can load the .sav into pokesav and go from there, so shh with the rudeness. we can't all be extremely technologically literate, hence why these forums exist.

sorry for not making that clearer to begin with... basically i'm looking for a way to get the .sav file from the .nds file.

pokegirl_xx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, in that case, where can i go to locate the .sav file from the rom if that is possible? sorry, i'm not experienced with roms/emus and what have you.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
pokegirl_xx said:
well, in that case, where can i go to locate the .sav file from the rom if that is possible? sorry, i'm not experienced with roms/emus and what have you.

Alright.
Generally the .SAV is stored in the same folder as the .nds file (if you're using a flashcart, that is)
If you're using one of the Emus (No$Zoomer, DesMuMe, Or Ideas) you need to look into each specified folder.

No$GBA/Zoomer: look in the folder where you have the Emu files, It's in the battery folder.
DesMuMe: I don't know exactly how the folder is called in English, since I use the spanish version, but it should be in the folder where you installed DesMuMe in a folder called ''saved games'' or something.
Ideas: I have no Idea. (Lol redundancy >>) and I don't think this Emu can even run B/W for that matter.

Also: IIRC you can get in WinDSpro and in the options menu, way down at the end of the options there are ''links'' with every emulator's name. click on the name of the emu you're using (In this case it would be No$GBA) and it will automatically take you to where the .SAVs are stored.

EDIT: I HATE getting Ninja'd >> Heh. xD

pokegirl_xx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex658, thank you so much! i located the .sav file.
now, all i have to do is load this up into my pokesav, get the .pkm files, and be on my merry way.

thanks so much for your help! :]

EDIT:
when i try to load the .sav into the pokesav, it gives me an error box with all sorts of weird characters in it. what could be causing this?

pokegirl_xx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have it.
it says some .sav files may have to be converted in order to work, so im thinking i might have to convert it into a .dat or .nsd file.

time to get crackin on that...

pokegirl_xx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm doing that, trying to find a file format that works.

now, again, this is hypothetical...
i'm not sure if you've heard of/know about the way to use the pokesav and some other programs to send .pkm files straight from your computer to the ds. if not, then check this link out.

now, using the same method, would you be able to send over .pkm files to black and white games, using the same python program? or would you have to use a brand new program?

EDIT: never mind. just talked to someone and apparently they need to come out with updated programs to be able to do this for b/w.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all