Hacking Way to get past the non-loading USB loader games?

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm sure a few of you out there have noticed that a select few PAL games do not work on an NTSC USB loader, no matter WHAT settings you have. Examples incude Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Wii Music, and a few more. I am unaware if there is a solution to this, other than they work with a modchip. Any insight on the problem?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiiman123 said:
@sportsmaniac. Exactly my thoughts.

Unscrubbed PAL games should work without any issues on chips though. Chips don't have video mode issues.

Could you explain that?

Of course you never get video mode issues with any games with a chip. Just use the video mode from the same region as the game. But that's true for every method to play games.

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chips DO have video mode issues. a year ago before gecko and all of this homebrew, i (and i'm sure a lot of other people) had to check the wiki compatibility list before trying an out-of-region game. i had a japanese wii and ran into plenty of problems (especially with PAL) games and quickly became familiar with trucha, video mode patching, and language patching.

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't exactly understand the issue?
Can't you make your loader force videomode to console?

I have a PAL wii, and the NTSC games I've tried so far works fine as soon as I do that.. They don't work when videomode is forced to game, however..

If you wish to try, you can download my wad files and try launching your PAL Wii Music with that channel. It should work fine as it forces vmode to console..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: Crockpot cooking is best cooking +1