Homebrew Way to get icons from installed titles.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
OP
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm wanting to make a homebrew (cia) that can launch titles from the system (like BBB) but my idea was to make it load the icons and titles and put those in a R4 like menu. The purpose of it would be to have a region free loader for pasta CFW.

So my question is how do I load the title and icon from a installed title?

The title should be a question sorry...

mokonayoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If somebody manages to do that, I guess we're one step near to a PC utility similar to DSicons to see the icons of .3ds, .3dz and .cia files on screen. It would be neat as crap.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
OP
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

mokonayoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well, now I feel dumb. Thanks for the heads-up. It's not all i wanted, but it's better than looking at blank pages (I used a doraemon icon for 3ds, metal gear for 3dz and NSMB2:GE for .cia, but still better).

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
OP
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, now I feel dumb. Thanks for the heads-up. It's not all i wanted, but it's better than looking at blank pages (I used a doraemon icon for 3ds, metal gear for 3dz and NSMB2:GE for .cia, but still better).

I know, but as .3ds and .3dz are encrypted this kind of data can not be loaded unless they are decrypted by the extension on the fly but that way it would be very CPU intensive + it would need to generate xorpads on it's own which currently can only be done by way of 3DS.

mokonayoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well, call me a dumb n00b, but doesn't that means .cia is unencrypted? You learn something new every day.
Anyways, good luck with your job, but in any case, just use a cartridge image with an smiley on it.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
OP
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, call me a dumb n00b, but doesn't that means .cia is unencrypted? You learn something new every day.
Anyways, good luck with your job, but in any case, just use a cartridge image with an smiley on it.

Most scene cia's are unencrypted if you use a tool like funkyCIA it will be encrypted though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, The Doom NES cartridges, a few batches were made. One was given to AVGN as...