Hardware way to fix a broken sd card slot.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is my cousin's wii and i am wondering how can it be fixed the cards jammed in there do i have to take it apart or are they forced to sent it back in to nintendo?

Cilph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Depends. Is the spring broken? Can you still pull out the card? Are you handy with a soldering iron and okay with soldering on a replacement socket?

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
If you remove the front panel you can access the slot more easily, and might be able to see whats wrong.
Worst case scenario you need to solder a replacement socket like Cliph said.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the card can't come out that's the problem. i think the spring was broken when the system was bought by my step aunt. she did not know of this until after she bought it through and i all ready hacked there system for them so yeah... and i'm not good at soldering so...

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah the old spring of death :P

you will need to take the front panel off and gently with some needle nose pliers pull the card out.
I just read "way to fix a broken sd card... by Bladexdsl" and I immediately though: "he gave up on the zelda save thing and now he’s trying to resurrect his dead sd card" :P

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
be very careful taking the front panel off too there's a connector inside connected to i think the front lights if your not careful you will snap it off :P

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, its quite robust. And even if you were to break it its no disaster. The Wii works perfectly fine without it.
And its also pisseasy to fix. On top of that a replacement is like $10.

Also, with the front taken off, the SD card stick out around 1cm. You have to have fingers bigger than The Imprisoned to be unable to pull it out.
If the spring is broken you can just yank it out. If its just stuck you can waggle it up and down a bit, that usually fixes it.

... or you can spend hours with needles, your choice :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ Aglae Pheryl: Hi folks