Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
image-thumb141.png

"Crystal Defenders, or should I say Crystal Guardians, started off as a mobile phone game in Japan. Then it became an iPhone game, a sensible move by Square Enix to give their Final Fantasy tower defense game an international release.

Next week on January 27 Crystal Defenders is popping up as a WiiWare game for 1,000 Wii Points in Japan under the name Crystal Defenders R1. Don’t have a Wii or an iPhone? No problem. The Famitsu scan that announced the WiiWare version tells us Square Enix is developing Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 ports too. At the moment this news is only for Japan, but if Square Enix is investing so much into Crystal Defenders you can count on an international release. Crystal Defenders is already localized in English too.

Going from a Japan-only cell phone game to international digital distribution on three consoles is a big jump. Now to wait and see if Square Enix pulls the same stunt with Final Fantasy IV: The After."

Source

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I welcome a tower defence game for WiiWare but 1000 points seems a bit steep. Hope it has some sort of online.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was an iPod game before iPhone. =P I mean, half the iPhone's screen is taken up by the clickwheel control thing...And it's only eight bucks on there.

I played the demo. It's not bad, but...it was bad to use touch controls (you pretty much had to use the clickwheel control on the bottom) and I dunno, maybe with the Wii the bigger screen would be easier to use.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it on my iPhone.

There's nothing really cool about it, unfortunately.

It's like a basic basic Tower Defense and they just used FFTactics sprites.

It almost seems like a homebrew game in terms of quality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: