Wavebird Controller

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by pitoui, May 24, 2008.

May 24, 2008

Wavebird Controller by pitoui at 5:11 AM (1,292 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. pitoui
    OP

Member pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Hey guys I bought a 2nd hand wavebird a few months ago from EB, I noticed straight away that the analogue stick is really floppy and shit when turning right but its pretty good when pushing it left.

All I want to know is there a way I can fix the analogue stick or am I stuck with it?

I've got a triwing screwdriver so opening it isn't' a problem.. (I've already attempted that although and didn't know what to do so quickly closed it back up)

2. Eden

Newcomer Eden Member

Canada
    If I remember correctly the analog stick is near impossible to replace. The C-stick is fairly straight forward, it was just a few wires to desolder and resolder but the analog stick is part of a plastic housing that spans the length of the circuit board.

I can not remember specifically as I have since thrown out all of the old wavebirds I had that I cannibalized for parts but the open wired controller I have is as I described above.

3. twede86

Newcomer twede86 Advanced Member

United States
    You could salvage the analog stick from a normal GC computer and stick it in the wavebird. You'll just need basic soldering skills.

4. Jack-Of-Trades

Member Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Umm who would cannibalize a $30 controller USED? for parts for a $5 controller... honestly what are they serving in your fantasy world?

And disassembled mine and no you not gonna be able to swap it out piece of plastic is covering a lot of the soldering points

5. pitoui
    OP

Member pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    lol

OK, the only other GC controller i have is a shitty 3rd party one that just recently likes to give me connection errors while racing online in mario kart.

I dont think the 3rd party analogue stick will fit onto the wavebird.. or am i wrong?