Wavebird Controller

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by pitoui, May 24, 2008.

1. pitoui
    OP

pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 1, 2006
    Hey guys I bought a 2nd hand wavebird a few months ago from EB, I noticed straight away that the analogue stick is really floppy and shit when turning right but its pretty good when pushing it left.

All I want to know is there a way I can fix the analogue stick or am I stuck with it?

I've got a triwing screwdriver so opening it isn't' a problem.. (I've already attempted that although and didn't know what to do so quickly closed it back up)

2. Eden

Eden Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2008
    Canada
    If I remember correctly the analog stick is near impossible to replace. The C-stick is fairly straight forward, it was just a few wires to desolder and resolder but the analog stick is part of a plastic housing that spans the length of the circuit board.

I can not remember specifically as I have since thrown out all of the old wavebirds I had that I cannibalized for parts but the open wired controller I have is as I described above.

3. twede86

twede86 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2003
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    You could salvage the analog stick from a normal GC computer and stick it in the wavebird. You'll just need basic soldering skills.

4. Jack-Of-Trades

Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2008
    United States
    Umm who would cannibalize a $30 controller USED? for parts for a $5 controller... honestly what are they serving in your fantasy world?

And disassembled mine and no you not gonna be able to swap it out piece of plastic is covering a lot of the soldering points

5. pitoui
    OP

pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 1, 2006
    lol

OK, the only other GC controller i have is a shitty 3rd party one that just recently likes to give me connection errors while racing online in mario kart.

I dont think the 3rd party analogue stick will fit onto the wavebird.. or am i wrong?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice