Hardware Wavebird Controller

pitoui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I bought a 2nd hand wavebird a few months ago from EB, I noticed straight away that the analogue stick is really floppy and shit when turning right but its pretty good when pushing it left.

All I want to know is there a way I can fix the analogue stick or am I stuck with it?

I've got a triwing screwdriver so opening it isn't' a problem.. (I've already attempted that although and didn't know what to do so quickly closed it back up)

Eden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I remember correctly the analog stick is near impossible to replace. The C-stick is fairly straight forward, it was just a few wires to desolder and resolder but the analog stick is part of a plastic housing that spans the length of the circuit board.

I can not remember specifically as I have since thrown out all of the old wavebirds I had that I cannibalized for parts but the open wired controller I have is as I described above.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I can not remember specifically as I have since thrown out all of the old wavebirds I had that I cannibalized for parts but the open wired controller I have is as I described above.

Umm who would cannibalize a $30 controller USED? for parts for a $5 controller... honestly what are they serving in your fantasy world?

And disassembled mine and no you not gonna be able to swap it out piece of plastic is covering a lot of the soldering points

pitoui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lol

OK, the only other GC controller i have is a shitty 3rd party one that just recently likes to give me connection errors while racing online in mario kart.

I dont think the 3rd party analogue stick will fit onto the wavebird.. or am i wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, The Doom NES cartridges, a few batches were made. One was given to AVGN as...