wave racer DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by heronic, Jul 19, 2007.

Jul 19, 2007

wave racer DS by heronic at 6:35 AM (1,184 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. heronic
    OP

Newcomer heronic Advanced Member

Canada
    this game needs to port over like mariokart and diddykong racing

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Yeah, but if they did port it, they would probably screw it up with forced touchscreen controls or something.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I'd rather see a new game than a port. F-Zero and ExciteBike need to be done first I reckon, they piss on Wave Race for me.

I really don't see Nintendo doing any more N64 ports on the DS and I hope I'm right as so far Rayman 2, Mario 64 & DKR were not as good as the 64 versions.

4. heronic
    OP

Newcomer heronic Advanced Member

Canada
    i agreed dkr wasnt so good compared to the 64 version. however if they could make it like MK .. the waves and the water rising each lap rocks !

5. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    I'd love to see that ported for sure. I'd also like to see new too, but only if they stick with the handling the N64 version had as the GC game was sheer crap. Took out the arcade aspect other than the turbo, made it overly serious with how the jetski moved in water, forced use of a fair bit of annoying to pull off tricks so you could stay ahead. Game stunk.

6. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    No, we need Ocarina!!!!!!!!!!

7. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    heronic it's called Wave Race.

Anywho I agree with Vampire Hunter D, Wave Race 64 was fantastic but Blue Storm was a bit of a let down, especially the handling/controls. Man... Wave Race 64 was teh awesome - Drake Lake, once the fog had cleared on the second/third lap, stunningly beautiful. [​IMG]

Personally I'd like to see the F-Zero series make a return to the DS and Wii...

[​IMG]

8. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Agreed Drake Lake was and still is excellent. Since they kinda screwed around that way with MKDS and all that, why not make Wave Race DS, port up the N64 tracks and toss in an equal amount of new ones with the same controls the original had. That would be a masterpiece in itself. And yes I agree, F-Zero would be damn nice on the DS too.