Waterboarding Helped Find Bin Laden

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Foxi4 said:
TwinRetro said:
Actually I wouldn't.

Let's say Commander X tells underlings A through W to tell Y story to US forces if they ever get captured.

Underlings M, N, O, P, and Q are captured.

M, N, O, and P tell the interrogators Y story.

Q actually tells the truth, yet it conflicts with M, N, O, and P's story of Y.

US forces investigate Y while the true plan is carried out in full, all because there were more people that claimed plan Y was true.

You clearly don't get the idea of Waterboarding. You get the sensation of drowning without drowning, your airways are filled with water but you cannot *die*. Needless to say, this is a painful process despite the lack of physical damadge to your body. You WILL tell the true story eventually. You'll be so shit scared that they may do WORSE stuff to you that you will.

Unless the interrogator is a fucking psychic, he or she won't know whether or not you are telling the truth. He or she will only know what SOUNDS like the truth.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Lol, I got lost in your odd version of numbering terrorists. Nevermind, I get your point now.

I honestly believe that the C.I.A interrogates only "meaningful" terrorists, not the pawns. It's obvious that a suicide bomber won't know jack. A chief operative will, though.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
Jakob95 said:
TwinRetro said:
On another note, to reply above...

What is the difference between killing thousands by ramming planes into tall buildings and rushing into the middle east and killing a magnitude more people than were ever killed in New York, just to find one man?

Nothing. It's murder plain and simple in both cases.

In war there is no right or wrong, winners or losers, everyone is wrong, and everyone loses. If you think otherwise, you are a naive fool.
If a man killed your family, would you take revenge or sit quietly and wait for them to kill you?

Everything depends on how the revenge is executed. Clearly going out and shooting the man is illegal. Getting him a nice sentence in Maximum Security where he will be bumfcked for several years is not, and it's endlessly more satisfying, since death takes a second while bumfck by Bubba takes about 25 years on average.
I wouldn't want the person to go to jail. That's just to low. He killed your whole family, and now he is in Jail were he still lives while your family does not? Him going to jail won't make your family come back, and will piss you off more that he is still alive. Him being dead and killed will make you feel better knowing that the person would never be able to hurt or threaten anyone else again.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Jakob95 said:
Foxi4 said:
Jakob95 said:
TwinRetro said:

What is the difference between killing thousands by ramming planes into tall buildings and rushing into the middle east and killing a magnitude more people than were ever killed in New York, just to find one man?

In war there is no right or wrong, winners or losers, everyone is wrong, and everyone loses. If you think otherwise, you are a naive fool.
If a man killed your family, would you take revenge or sit quietly and wait for them to kill you?

Everything depends on how the revenge is executed. Clearly going out and shooting the man is illegal. Getting him a nice sentence in Maximum Security where he will be bumfcked for several years is not, and it's endlessly more satisfying, since death takes a second while bumfck by Bubba takes about 25 years on average.
I wouldn't want the person to go to jail. That's just to low. He killed your whole family, and now he is in Jail were he still lives while your family does not? Him going to jail won't make your family come back, and will piss you off more that he is still alive. Him being dead and killed will make you feel better knowing that the person would never be able to hurt or threaten anyone else again.

I think of it this way: kill one or kill many; are you less of a murderer either way? Are you willing to make yourself as evil as another for the sake of revenge or a false sense of closure? You have provided one of the most rash, under thought answers conceivable.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How 'bout when you hear that there isn't enough evidence to put that person in jail or he get a way? Unlikely,but still.

A bad think for greater good is the right way to see it, right?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
KingVamp said:
How 'bout when you hear that there isn't enough evidence to put that person in jail or he get a way? Unlikely,but still.

A bad think for greater good is the right way to see it, right?

Justice should not be carried out with a judgement clouded with emotion. That is a reason why the judicial system exists. It's not perfect, though there isn't many things that are in this world.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Foxi4 said:
Jakob95 said:
TwinRetro said:

"Two wrongs do not equal a right."

Killing the man who killed your family will solve NOTHING. In the long run, in the short run. Ever. Say said man who killed your family was part of the mob. Or a gang. Then they don't go after you. No. They will make an even worse revenge. They will go after your friends, those that would help you. They may even take you with them and force you to watch while they are killed, maimed, tortured, and raped. And they will not kill you afterwards. No. They'll keep you alive so you can suffer. Revenge will only ever do one thing: Beget revenge. It is an endless cycle until one sides says "Enough." And anyone close to those they killed will want revenge. It's an endless chain, and generally the basis of conflict in our world.

That said, I agree with Twin in this point. If 4 out of 5 of the captured "terrorists", who may have been TOLD to get captured, get told the same story over and over until they truly believe it to be the truth...well...guess what. You now have false intel that you think is true. Which could easily and almost always be a trap. Torturing will do nothing, really, except place you troops in potential danger.

"Want something done right, do it yourself." Watch. Learn. Never rely on your enemy unless you know exactly what they're likely to do. Relying on your enemy will only get you burned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte