Ben.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Success.
smile.gif

dsc01153o.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7049/dsc01153o.jpg - Bigger.

Sorry about the bad image. Damn CRT + Phone camera = Black linez

You'll want to look specifically at one of the choices of messages I have (Yes I know it isn't hard to edit text but still
tongue.gif
).
Oh and for the record my name isn't Dave. It's the first thing that sprang to mind. Now, one problem is it appears to send a message id or something instead of the actual string itself therefore in order for people to see your message your both going to need hacked copies of the game. :/

For the few that won't know how to do this:

NOTE: This was done on a NTSC patched to PAL version of the game
1. Unpack the WAD using U8tool.
2. Unpack 00000002.app using U8tool.
3. Find text_eueng.pack.lz7
4. Use the tools in wwPacker to produce a .PACK from this.
5. Using a hex editor (XVI32 or your own preference), Navigate to the hex address 52DA.
6. All messages are around there, edit as you please.
7. Repack .PACK into .lz7
8. Repack the 00000002app folder into 00000002.app
9. Repack the WAD.
10. Install and confuse those without custom messages.

^^That should be correct.
If you want to edit messages you can assign/send during a match they are in text_eng.pack.lz7 But for some reason my changes didn't seem to work so you can try but I can't say it will work.

Ben.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alexrose said:
What is this?

Water Warfare to my knowledge comes with predefined messages for you to send via wifi whilst in the lobby and ingame. I managed to change these messages to whatever I wanted via doing some editing. If the game does allow you to write your own predefined messages (I don't think it does) then this is useless
tongue.gif

QUOTE(B-Blue @ Jul 19 2009, 12:33 AM) good job, Dave.
Why Thankyou O_________________O

Ben.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
justinrocks123 said:
I wonder if you can do this in mario kart?????
lecture.gif
wtf.gif

I'd presume so it'd be essentially doing the same thing it's just a case of finding where the messages are stored. On the other hand, I still have no confirmation on whether others see the custom messages yet. I see them but whether others do is a completely different story.
I might have a go at Mario Kart if I can be bothered to dump the ISO if not feel free to attempt yourself.

EDIT: People will see original messages andnot your customs unless they are running the same copy.

Ben.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
blazingwolf said:
Wait this is some sort of way to speak to others in wifi in the middle of the game by modifying the ISO?

Well yes O_O But the communication was already programmed into the WAD. This just changes the predefined messages that can be sent. The drawback is only people with the same hacked copy will see your custom messages
Everyone else will see normal messages. Which kinda ruins the fun of editing it.

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
Which means the game isn't really sending the string/message, but more likely telling the other game to display a particular string/message on the screen.

A good idea, but it doesn't have the intended result, unforunately.

Ben.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WaRMarinE said:
So, you can edit the presets messages? Do you know if they are working correctly?

Read the bold in first post. Yes it is possible to edit preset messages but both must have the same hacked copy of the game because people without a hacked copy will only see the original messages unless we could somehow rewrite the sending code to send strings instead of message ids. However that last part is probably 100% impossible because we don't have the original source code for the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.