Water on acer aspire one :(

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by vergilite, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009
  1. vergilite
    OP

Member vergilite GBATemps Regular Clown

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] i recently spilt about a cup full of water on my acer aspire one netbook, as soon as it happened i switched it off and removed the battery then wiped any water off the netbook then precided to use a hair dryer to blow hot air into the netbook to try and dry it out, when i switched it on it ran fine until the screen kept flickering so i again switched it off took out the battery, i then removed the keyboard and detached the ribbon cable, drying off any moisture can someone help me by giving me some tips on how to make sure it will work again [​IMG]

p.s sorry for the bad spelling im really concerned

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    best advise is leave it disassembled and the battery out for a couple of days to try out properly and see how you go [​IMG]

3. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    Yep. Best advice leave it disassembled, try to set the pieces near a fan or air conditioner to be sure they fully dry it then give it a shot. Should be fully dry within 24-48 hours. Then reassemble it making sure all ribbons are fully connected

4. vergilite
    OP

Member vergilite GBATemps Regular Clown

United Kingdom
    so fully dissassembled i think this will be a challenge [​IMG] thx guys

5. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    You at least want to get it out of the casing, just to be sure there isnt any water in the underneath.