Hacking Watching youtube Videos on a PSP1000 in 2014?

samuelvictor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, sorry if this has been covered before, but I've had a search and can't find anything.

I've got a PSP 1003 with CFW installed.

I'm looking for something like GoTube or PSPTube - but neither of these seems to work nowadays (or at least the versions I've found online) - I'm guessing because Youtube have updated the way their streaming works.

Does anyone know of a homebrew app that works today as of now? Thanks in advance...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Afaik, there isn't one.
PSP1000 is the only PSP with 32MB of RAM which is 32MB lower then the 2000 PSP's.

Good luck getting Youtube working on it nowadays...

samuelvictor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply.

Ah... that's a shame. I didn't know the PSP1000 series have less ram, but that makes sense, in that GoTube works fine as far as searching and finding the thumbnails, but can't load or start the videos, which may well be due to ram.

Ironic, as this particular 1003 is new to me, replacing my old worn out one. I specifically went with a 1000 model as they seemed to be the easiest to get CFW on. Oh well!

Funny that some pretty kick ass games and complex emus can run but a YT video (or even basic webpage) seems such a big deal for the system to cope with.

Still holding out vague hope incase anyone knows of a working solution... but thinking I may be on a loosing battle! :(

samuelvictor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the response. Yeah GoTube gets closer than anything else, but the newest version I found still can't seem to stream videos, even though it can find them.

TBH I'm surprised that there was never an official download from Sony for a Youtube application. Can't see any reason why Sony or Google wouldn't want it to happen, seems beneficial for both. I've not got a Vita (I prefer retro games) but I'm guessing there's an official Youtube app/player for that...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for the response. Yeah GoTube gets closer than anything else, but the newest version I found still can't seem to stream videos, even though it can find them.

TBH I'm surprised that there was never an official download from Sony for a Youtube application. Can't see any reason why Sony or Google wouldn't want it to happen, seems beneficial for both. I've not got a Vita (I prefer retro games) but I'm guessing there's an official Youtube app/player for that...
It's a discontinued system - that's why. I don't think it's a matter of RAM, as back in the day it was clearly possible. I'd sooner wager that the problems are in the codecs used contemporarily which are harwdare decoded, stuff like H.264 and whatnot.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, sorry if this has been covered before, but I've had a search and can't find anything.

I've got a PSP 1003 with CFW installed.

I'm looking for something like GoTube or PSPTube - but neither of these seems to work nowadays (or at least the versions I've found online) - I'm guessing because Youtube have updated the way their streaming works.

Does anyone know of a homebrew app that works today as of now? Thanks in advance...
You should check out the Google Code site for GoTube. People tend to update the youtube script in the issues section. All you have to do is copy and past. That doesn't fix the decoding problem, so the videos will still have screwed color assignment, but it is watchable. I test it out every once in a while so I can email my brother updates for his PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1