Hacking Watching videos... over wifi?

pgfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Other than encoding files to dpg and putting them on the ds, is there a way to watch videos that are on the PC while we are near our router?

something like streaming pc access to the DS using vlc or something??

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, unless you want CRAP quality and know somebody that can code well. You would have to match encoding by quality to the speed of your PC, but the bitrate would have to be less than 12kb/s - the average speed of the DS.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Nope, unless you want CRAP quality and know somebody that can code well. You would have to match encoding by quality to the speed of your PC, but the bitrate would have to be less than 12kb/s - the average speed of the DS.
It all depends on the optimisation of your applications. While I get speeds ranging from 1 kb/s to 8 kb/s, I can achieve around 150 kb/s in DSLinux. Still, DS is way too slow, both CPU- and WiFi-wise (the theoretical maximum speed is 256 kb/s, but still far from what one would need for a comfortable movie watching). If you want to stream your video, get a PSP/GP2x/PDA/Symbian-based phone/Laptop ....
wink2.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Glacius0 2Mbit or as MaHe said 256Kbytes/s.
http://www.akkit.org/info/dswifi.htm
GBAtek is not bad either if your are curious.

I guess the best you could do (aside from something like DanTheManMS suggested) is FTP something to your DS (that can usually get a fairly decent speed) and delete it afterwards using DSOrganize or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.