Watching videos is very laggy.

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Bladeknife, May 23, 2008.

May 23, 2008
  1. Bladeknife
    OP

Newcomer Bladeknife Newbie

Canada
    I converted a bunch of videos to dpg, but they lag so much it's impossible to watch them on the DS without a horribly small resolution. Is there any way to make watching videos on my Supercard possible?

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Which version of Moonshell are you using? What DPG conversion software? With what settings?

3. Bladeknife
    OP

Newcomer Bladeknife Newbie

Canada
    I'm watching in normally with the viewer that comes with the cart, and I used BatchDPG to convert. Frame rate of 15, average bitrate of 128, max of 384, resolution of 256 by 192, low profile, audio bitrate of 64 in joint stereo with a sample rate of 32768, lanszos resize.

4. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    That's what happens with me, so I just downloaded the newest moonshell available, and see if it worked any better.

And yes, it did work with the Newest moonshell.

5. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    your problem is that the scdsone is based on moonshell 1.41 so to convert videos for it you need to use a older version on dpgtools to get best results

so i advise installing the newest version of moonshell & not use the scdsone menu to watch dpg files

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Right, install Moonshell 1.71 and use the latest version of DPGTools or BatchDPG to convert. I know it seems silly to launch Moonshell from within Moonshell, but it's what ya gotta do.

You can probably upgrade your settings to a framerate of about 18-20 fps and average bitrate of 256 if you'd like. Moonshell should be able to handle that.