Watching TV on a monitor? And video games?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by science, Dec 28, 2009.

Dec 28, 2009
  1. science
    OP

Member science science rules

Canada
    So I just bought this monitor... http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?...N82E16824254044 and I and going to replace my TV with it. It has HDMI and VGA inputs. I want to watch TV on it, and plug in my 360 and Wii as well, and also, of course, my MacBook. So all in all, I need 1 HDMI port, 1 VGA port, a TV cable port, and a COMPONENT cable for my Wii. I have the first few down pat, but not the component input stuff. I would also like to use a universial remote. Is there a product that I can use to do all this? I would like one external tuner only, maybe some extra cables if needed. And most of this stuff from DX or really cheap lol. Any help?

2. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    Use the cables that came with the Wii?

3. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I just connected my 360 to my monitor. I have not watched TV or connected the wii but I simply bought an official 360 vga cable to connect it. I then bought a KVM switch that allowed me to swap between both images. I have this one which works perfectly.

4. science
    OP

Member science science rules

Canada
    I want to use HD cables. I'll use my RYW cables if I absolutely have to. Since they aren't currently with me lol

5. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    I use component cables as well. [​IMG]

6. Raki

Member Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    well since the Wii doesn't support vga afaik or any digital output like HDMI/DVI, you'll need a VGA to composite (or component if that one exists) box, which were not that cheap back then when I looked at them...

Verdict: Better buy a small LCD TV...