Hacking Watch videos on your DS

SleepingDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried for some time to get videos to run properly on my DS systems. But, I could never manipulate BatchDPG in such a way as to make movies and tv shows run smoothly and without problems. A few months ago, I discovered a new software product called SUPER.

It is a file converter, similiar to BatchDPG. Although, I found it easier for me to use, as well as a bit more intuitive. It is easy to load with files, and all you have to do is click on "convert to Nintendo DS" and it automatically inputs all the size and speed specifications you need. I have enjoyed using it to convert all my Stargate SG-1 episodes, which all now run flawlessly on my shiny gold DS Lite. If you are interested in taking a look at the free software, the link is below. Hope this is helpful to someone out there. If you have any questions, let me know:

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You are supposed to change moonshell's config so that GOP Skip, ADC, and Dithering are all turned off. Then the videos will be smooth.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow awesome free software thats better than most commercial converters and its an all in one converter.....

Linguist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the only vey annoying thing about Super is that this software is sending tcp packets to the internet.

so just configure your personal firewall & do not allow it calling home.

SleepingDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know it's been out a while, I guess when I said it was new, what I meant to say was that it was "new to me"
smile.gif

And yes airpirate545, it seems to takes up about the same space as BatchDPG. Plus, I haven't had any voice sync issues. And, of course, if you want to improve the quality further, you can make those adjustments. For my Stargate episodes, with a lot of special effects, I up the framerate from the standard 15 to 18 or 20 frames/sec.

I searched the forums here at gbatemp to see if SUPER had been mentioned before and I couldn't find it. So, since I had such good results with it, just thought I'd share.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thanks so much for this. I used this when I wanted to make AMV's (Never did work for me then...I think it was Vista...) But I've never used BatchDPG so I think I will give this another program another whirl.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jordanlp said:
never used it but sounds like it will work better than BatchDPG that never works anyway

batchdpg will produce a better quality movie at the same file size

that being said, for people that don't like to fiddle, SUPER does a very decent job, and is pretty easy to use to produce a decent, watchable movie file

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Tikker said:
jordanlp said:
never used it but sounds like it will work better than BatchDPG that never works anyway

batchdpg will produce a better quality movie at the same file size

that being said, for people that don't like to fiddle, SUPER does a very decent job, and is pretty easy to use to produce a decent, watchable movie file

We are talking about the Nintendo DS here, it was never made to watch movies. Also watching a movie on such a small screen with the DS speakers kind of takes the fun out of it since you miss out on all the details and little things.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
I will give this a try even though I haven't had a problem with BatchDPG, I mean, what is easier than dragging a few files and clicking run? :wtf:

BTW, does SUPER converts DPG to other formats? Or anyone knows of a converter that does? I would love to give Tuna or Spinal a go and see if it is worth replacing Moonshell, but I have lost all source of my DPG files.
frown.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
theres also an online conversion of dpg files at media-convert.com

SleepingDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Narin, obviously the speakers aren't great for watching movies, but that's what they make headphones for. And I don't sit around my house watching movies on my DS all the time, that's what a big screen is for. But for someone like me that travels a lot for work, the DS is fine for watching movies to kill time.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kellicros said:
I will give this a try even though I haven't had a problem with BatchDPG, I mean, what is easier than dragging a few files and clicking run? :wtf:

BTW, does SUPER converts DPG to other formats? Or anyone knows of a converter that does? I would love to give Tuna or Spinal a go and see if it is worth replacing Moonshell, but I have lost all source of my DPG files.
frown.gif

spinal and tuna both max out at 12 or 13 fps

dpg blows both of those out of the water for vid quality

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs