Watch: Up close and personal with Sony's Motion Controller

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
Here's the first dev diary of Sony's upcoming PlayStation Motion Controller. Watch SCEA's Richard Marks and Anton Mikhailov as they discuss the research and development behind Sony's new hardware, and get to know the revolutionary controller a little better.

You can expect more info on Sony's Motion Controller at this weeks GDC. Stay tuned.

Source

Posts merged

Urg... Just watch it at source >_>

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice embedd fail
biggrin.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It looks really awesome. I really like the Wii controller, and I'll probably like this too. I'm not exactly convinced though. It needs to have a good price (50 euros would be fair if it came with everything you need and a little game to demonstrate it, like Wii Sports did), it needs to be supported by older games via free updates (LittleBigPlanet and Resident Evil 5 at the very least) and there should be quite some good games that really become better with this controller. They don't have to be exclusives (I'd rather have a few exclusives and a lot of games where you have the choice), but you should really have the feeling that the motion controller improves the game.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like fun, swinging around different objects and what not...

But I feel that it could get really boring really fast.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i never though sony would stoop as low as m$ to completely copy and ripoff nintendo just like M$ usually always does. that ball on the end is hideous too why in the fuck would they put something so stupid on like that?
laugh.gif
anyway you know this thing is only gonna be used in shooters don't you?
tongue.gif
i'll stick to my M+ thank you.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely a shameless ripoff. Especially considering their hypocrisy, how they attacked Nintendo over motion controls for years now. Motionplus does the same thing too, even 1:1 movement in a 3D space. Thing is that i don't think they've demoed ANY games that use this technology, it's just wasted potential that has already been done in REAL games by now. Go figure... It also still looks like a dildo!
laugh.gif

I'm not saying it's BAD or anything, but it's just that 1- it has been done before and they're making it sound like it's a big deal and that only on PS3 would this be possible. 2- they shamelessly ripped off Nintendo and are complete hypocrites about it since their main form of attack for years was the motion controls. And 3- they have yet to show how well it works in REAL games. Maybe i missed some other games where it DID work well, but there was some boxing game they showed off and it looked terribly awkward and broken.

To me, this device does nothing but shows just how desperate Sony is to topple Nintendo. But they're going about it in all the wrong ways. At least Natal isn't directly ripping a design off, 1:1...

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
I would be. This was unveiled last year at e3. If Nintendo didn't sue then, i doubt they will now. And i doubt Sony would have been that dumb and not think it out first.

well the rule of thumb is, you wait for the product to make a ton of money before you sue so that there is actual money to sue for.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fakie! said:
15nuhyq.jpg

How can they be that proud of a ripoff?

I think this controller is hillarious. Sony is the laughing stock of the industry.

Plus Wii fans should be happy. Many times consumers greet rip offs like this with hostility. You're already seeing a LOT of hostility towards this project on the web.

This will all blow up in Sony's face.

And then a year from now Apple will release a console and it will have a motion controller and everyone will praise it as INNOVASHIONS

bultmus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is that realy real!!!
anyway why did they did this. maybe they are jelous from wii lol jking.
if this dosnt fail then this controller will contenue in wii and ps as well.... then xbox will make this controller.. then all the new gamers will be playing using this controller then ..... the will forget the old controller then then we will be forced to play using these type of controllers but we will be old mans at these days so no need to worry about all these insane stuff i am talking about

LOL!!

AND SORRY FOR WAISTING YOUR TIME READING THIS RUBBISH!!!!
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM