Watch Movie on My HD TV?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Lucifer666, Feb 11, 2012.

Feb 11, 2012

Watch Movie on My HD TV? by Lucifer666 at 5:35 AM (381 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Lucifer666
    OP

Member Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Antarctica
    Right so I have a 4.24 gigabyte .mkv file on my laptop, of the movie Marley and Me. (I haven't watched it but they say it's incredibly sad)
    I have an HD TV in my room with my Wii, PS2, N64, and Dream Cast connected. I don't have an HDMI cable, (besides my laptop doesn't even have an HDMI slot) but I usually end up putting the movie on a flash disk, plugging that into my Wii and playing the movie using MPlayer CE.

Only issues are:
    1) Wii's not HD.
    2) For some really odd reason, Windows says the 4.24 gig .mkv cannot fit in my blank 8gb flash disk. I've already tried formatting it. It's just incredibly weird.

I don't want to watch it on my laptop. Any ideas?

2. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    2) If I'm not mistaken, the flash drive is formatted in FAT32 or FAT, which I'm pretty sure are limited to 4GB per file. So that would explain that problem.
    edit: Also, the Wii isn't HD but neither are any of your other consoles, so based on those factors, I'm pretty sure you need to watch it on your laptop.

3. Lucifer666
    OP

Member Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Antarctica
    Alright, thanks man.
    Looks like I'm gonna have to save up for this baby! (Good bye WiiU savings :( )
    I'm gonna head over to my parents'. I'm pretty sure they have one of those.
    Again, I appreciate your help :)

4. marcus134

Member marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    a lot of hdtv have a 15 pin vga connector (like most laptops that doesn't have an hdmi out) you can always try to look if you can do it that way.

for your flash drive, in windows, it's possible to format it in ntfs or exfat (both support files bigger than 4gb, but your tv may not support both of em)

most of the recent tv have dlna client, you could watch your stuff from your laptop with a crossed network cable if your tv has it.