Watch Dogs froze my Wii U

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    So, after the cutscene on the cemetery ended I went on to the next checkpoint on the campaign's story and bam! Wii U froze and for a couple of seconds made a beep noise.

I knew Watch Dogs on Wii U wasn't a very good port but didn't expect it to come to this.

2. AdamBrunt

AdamBrunt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 24, 2003
    Plenty of games cause the Wii U to do that.

I have had it with plenty of the Lego games, Minecraft, etc, etc

3. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    This has only happened once before to me -- Sniper Elite V2. Seems like the Wii U is telling me not to play crappy ports.

4. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    no first party game has FSOD'ed (frozen screen of death,from the old phantasy star online days,(lockup then buzzz) the wii u, but 3rd party yeah. Zombie U has many times. Monster Hunter 3u does but only if the friends list goes offline. When that happens it FSOD's the entire server population lol.

Last edited by Captain_N, Jul 11, 2016
  5. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Never had that happen to me on first party games.

6. 7Robins

7Robins Bob is watching you.

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Tennessee
    Is Watch dogs even playable/worth playing? I've heard it sucks really bad, but I'm still interested in it since I haven't played it yet and WiiU is the only console I own currently.

7. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Play it on 360/PS3/PS4/XO/PC than on the Wii U. Those versions are better optimised to play Watch Dogs and the framerate will be better and consistent.

Stealth gameplay - Very similar to the ol' days of Splinter Cell.
    Hacking - Sorta fun.
    Driving - Wow, it is horrible! I'm not exaggerating, you can even side-crash on cars and still go through, yeah, try doing this on Sleeping Dogs or GTA.