Watch Dogs for Wii U Has Been Reconfirmed for Fall 2014

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by WiiCube_2013, Jun 4, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Probably no one cares about Watch Dogs any more or even the Wii U gamers but here's the news bit anyway:

[​IMG]

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...rms_watch_dogs_for_fall_2014_release_on_wii_u

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Now because it sold great because of the hype, Ubi will expect great sales for the WiiU version too. However, by now everyone has realized the game really isn't all that good so it's basically impossible to meet sales expectations. Yay.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  3. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    I am waiting to pick this up when it releases on Wii U. I am hoping the gamepad actually enhances this game and that the Wii U version is actually superior.

If it came out now it would have been buried by Mario Kart 8 and I probably wouldn't touch it for months anyways.

4. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Jesus Christ I hope them taking their time with this release allows them to fix their horrific bugs they left in the other editions.

5. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Wii U version releases in Fall, Ubi expects high sales. Port sells poorly, Ubi plays the blame game. This will happen.

Edgarska, Xabring and Damian666 like this.
  6. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    i don't know how to feel about this.

7. kongsnutz

kongsnutz QuickTimeEvent

Jul 19, 2008
    I'll still get it, I have it on PS3 so it will be cool to see the differences on WiiU if any, if there isn't any.......? I will return it.

8. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    we have ps3 and 4 and decent pc's .. but are waiting for the wiiu version , hope its worth the wait.

9. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    I thinks this is more a sabotage to the Wii U itself and less about specting sales, Intentionally or not. This is what will happen. I mean, did they learned ANYTHING about the Mass Effect 3 for Wii U and the Darksiders 2? if it IS cheaper than any other edition and has a better use of the GamePad than the Deus Ex port, then maybe I'll believe that it will be worth the wait, but this shows that nope, they didn't pay attention to their competition. Seriously. I mean, it's a great alternative if you don't have a gaming-able PC, ps4 or an xbox juan, (and I mean that because I have myself Assassins Creed 3 for the same issue.). but yeah, all the other players? played it already. for free, probably. Either pirated or because it was a gift by buying a graphics card. Pick your poison.

10. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    I don't understand. Why did Ubisoft push the Wii U version to the fall?

11. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Because they wanted to "focus their attention on the other versions" or some BS like that. And know they're going to be pricks about it if/when it doesn't sell well.

12. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    exatly what happened to Rayman Legends?
    I am afraid so....

13. silver_ryder

silver_ryder Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2010
    Mario Kart 8 is the answer...!

Xabring likes this.
  14. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Just stupid logic on their part, nothing out of the ordinary.

Xabring likes this.
  15. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    I'm waiting for the Wii U version for a couple of reasons. I just don't have the time right now, and I want to help Nintendo. I know this will sell quite poorly on the Wii U since everybody who was hyped for this already have it for the current available consoles (+pc). Those not that overly hyped would've pirated it by then. Then people (media + developers + fanboys) will blame the Wii U and it's "audience" rather than see that it's released too late in comparison to the other versions, with (probably) no "GOTY bonuses", like Arkham City had.

16. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Did anyone blame the wiiu for the sales of Rayman legends on the system? No...of course not. Everyone already knew what the delay would cause. And everyone knew that sales would have been higher if it had been released as scheduled.

The thing is that ubisoft can really make a difference here. They've shown with zombiu what they can do with the extra screen, and watch_dogs had people wondering how it could be used since that reveal at E3 (that also revealed the wiiu, for that matter). The thing is...can they do it? Surely they know that everyone who wanted the game already has it, so it'll come down to review scores to make wiiu sales. So yeah...will they go for the Arkham city route (all the extra content and some nifty screen uses) or the mass effect 3 route (basically offering the same game for the price they'd offer the entire trilogy on other systems)?

17. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    For the Off-TV play it'll be worth for me, if the game's any good.

Some people on Amazon's UK Nintendo fanbase hate me for giving Wii U games 3 out of 5 stars and this might be another one of those. An average/okay at best.

Oh well, can't please everyone.

18. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Lets hope they:

- Fix the driving
    - Make the multiplayer actually interesting
    - Use the wii-u in an interesting way to make couch co-op viable and fun
    - Make the wii-u pad have a more hands on approach to the puzzles and hacking
    - actually release at that time this year, unlike last year.

19. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    they better go to arkham route if they want a decent sale at all. That decide if I will buy it for the Wii U or pirate it for my new gaming rig. They better learn from their mistakes.

And that would sold more wii u's, so it sold more rayman, if stayed exclusive. the bloody game was made FOR IT!!! dammit Ubisoft....

WiiCube_2013 likes this.