Hardware Wasting my Money?

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
1,636
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
I have a bomb alallalallala
XP
324
Country
United States
Hey Fellow Members,
Apparently I keep scratchin my game discs really badly.
I have been through my fourth copy of SSBB,and im tired of buying that game constantly.
I would like to start copying..making backup copies of my wii games.

What are the nesseccary components?
How do i get my computer to read the game disc so i can copy it?
Is there a certain driver for it?
Will I need two dvd writers one to scan the cd the otehr to copy it?
And will I need a Modded Wii to play my backup-copies of my games?

All help is appreciated.
And excepting my bad speilling cause Im arabic is also appreciated.
wtf.gif
 

tredes

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
180
Trophies
0
XP
48
Country
You will defently need to mod your wii to play backups.

Youll need a lg drive, cant remember which exact model, but theres about 4 or 5 which can read wii games. You would have to dump the game to your hard drive, then burn it to a disc.

hope that helps
 

link459

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
353
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
136
Country
United States
Get a Wiikey. Either install it yourself or have someone install it for you.

Then just download a copy of the games you have, don't bother with backing up yourself...
 

iffy525

not famous
Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
751
Trophies
0
Website
www.google.com
XP
244
Country
United States
link459 said:
Get a Wiikey. Either install it yourself or have someone install it for you.

Then just download a copy of the games you have, don't bother with backing up yourself...
Don't always necessarily get a wiikey, because it depends on what drive your Wii has. If you bought it close to launch then yes, get a Wiikey. If you have a newer one you can get a d2c, d2pro, or others. If you are unsure what drive your Wii has check here: http://wiitracker.nintendo-scene.com/search.php and then you can see what modchip you need.
 

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
1,636
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
I have a bomb alallalallala
XP
324
Country
United States
tredes said:
You will defently need to mod your wii to play backups.

Youll need a lg drive, cant remember which exact model, but theres about 4 or 5 which can read wii games. You would have to dump the game to your hard drive, then burn it to a disc.

hope that helps
Ok so all i need is an lg drive and a wiikey.
 

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
1,636
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
I have a bomb alallalallala
XP
324
Country
United States
iffy525 said:
link459 said:
Get a Wiikey. Either install it yourself or have someone install it for you.

Then just download a copy of the games you have, don't bother with backing up yourself...
Don't always necessarily get a wiikey, because it depends on what drive your Wii has. If you bought it close to launch then yes, get a Wiikey. If you have a newer one you can get a d2c, d2pro, or others. If you are unsure what drive your Wii has check here: http://wiitracker.nintendo-scene.com/search.php and then you can see what modchip you need.
Downloading games from the internet is a long process,and anyways I find it easier to rent a game andd make a back-up copy of it.
 

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Messages
6,258
Trophies
0
Location
London
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
536
Country
BoneMonkey said:
4 copies are you rich ????? learn to take care of your things

exactly, i'm guessing hes a 10 year old kid with rich parents or something, learn to appreciate your stuff, seriously i still have old ps1 games that are in immaculate condition.
 

Hit

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
813
Trophies
0
XP
146
Country
Netherlands
kais said:
Hey Fellow Members,
Apparently I keep scratchin my game discs really badly.
I have been through my fourth copy of SSBB,and im tired of buying that game constantly.
I would like to start copying..making backup copies of my wii games.

What are the nesseccary components?
How do i get my computer to read the game disc so i can copy it?
Is there a certain driver for it?
Will I need two dvd writers one to scan the cd the otehr to copy it?
And will I need a Modded Wii to play my backup-copies of my games?

All help is appreciated.
And excepting my bad speilling cause Im arabic is also appreciated.
wtf.gif
Dude just be careful with your discs, Original discs should at least work for 5 years until they get possible malfunctions
 

kthankzbye

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 27, 2008
Messages
37
Trophies
0
XP
17
Country
United States
Nintendo has a scratched disc replacement thing. You just need to call and find out. They will swap your scratched one with a new one.
 

coops024

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
130
Trophies
0
Age
43
Location
Southampton UK
Website
Visit site
XP
98
Country
kais said:
Downloading games from the internet is a long process,and anyways I find it easier to rent a game andd make a back-up copy of it.

Hmm We all know what this thread is about but are all choosing to ignore it ... Why would he need to RENT a game if he's only going to make a copy of the games he already owns ? ... we all know he hasnt bought 4 copy's of SSBB
lecture.gif


but credit to him for at least trying to cover the reason he wants to copy games !
 

phaerun

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
103
Trophies
0
Location
Αθήνα
XP
224
Country
Greece
lol. yeah. when i first read this thread i was laughing for a while p

i mean it really takes a lot to scratch your original disks that much, to make them unplayable. i bet even if you gave the disk to a baby and it started chewing on it, it would take some time to screw it up that bad to make in unreadable p
 

Rice923

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
156
Trophies
0
XP
152
Country
United States
Before you go and get a bunch of new hardware, learn to take care of your belongings. If you keep up your carelessness, your modchips, DVD drives, DVD R and what not will all be damaged too.

Get a modchip. Get an LG drive that reads wii games. Dump the game you want. Burn your game. Stop scratching your disks
 

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
2,338
Trophies
0
Age
35
Location
Outer Space
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
391
Country
Canada
You don't have to lie to us about finding a rational reason to pirate your games, because honestly, I don't buy it. It's easy for anyone with any care to put a disc in the case to protect it, and if you break it once and bought it again, you'd learn from the first time you broke it. Saw right through ya
tongue.gif


If you're indeed not lying, go and buy yourself a pack of d_skin's -- I put them on all of my 360 games for when the system decides to randomly scratch a game, it'll be protected. They fit on any disc and will protect from any abuse you give it -- Go ahead, leave it out
tongue.gif
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    The cast is wild
  • Flame @ Flame:
    because
    toad is key
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    i was a bit mad when i noticed the shoutbox was gone, but this is fine too. i'm old don't like change lol.
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    just wish they didn't lump all the retro console threads into one sub category

    .
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    My bell notification said Flame mentioned me in chit chat
  • Flame @ Flame:
    bell notification is wise
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    bell notification is a bitch
  • Scott_pilgrim @ Scott_pilgrim:
    two types of people
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    tag yourself I'm bell notification is wise
  • Scott_pilgrim @ Scott_pilgrim:
    ngl i wish chat had an option to disable pfps
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    I'm sorry is mine that bad
  • Memoir @ Memoir:
    Oh, now this is weeeeird. The shitbox was one thing, but now there's THIS!? EOFtemp when
  • XAIXER @ XAIXER:
    I like yours
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    there is an EOF chat
  • Memoir @ Memoir:
    Nono.. Not an EOFchat.. When are we rebranding?
  • Memoir @ Memoir:
    I can have purple font!?!?! LET'S GO
    +1
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    wow how damn cool
    +1
  • WiiHomebrew+Snes @ WiiHomebrew+Snes:
    Fantastic! and Fontastic!
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    black, just like my soul.
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    sadly no comic sans
  • Memoir @ Memoir:
    Listen here, you little shit.
  • Plasmaster09 tempBOT:
    Plasmaster09 has left the room.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bot runs away :P
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Bot runs away :P