Hacking Wasted money on Cubic Ninja/Ninjhax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Taylor Swift is a member of GBAtemp? :O

(j/k)

Heh, you can say that again, topic's been so beaten to death I'm personally surprised it's still open. :P
Really as a person who spent 2 1/2 years as an active member o yahoo answers (I was a big poster in bbasketball which is my other passion) there is a whole lot of crap that gets more buzz than this (once a guy asked if his willy was longer than Shaq's willy. So there's that

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, AAAAh, forgive me. It just is, of course! *bangs head on desk*

you should totally listen to Huntereb. he knows what he's talking about when it comes to the quality of an exploit. He's got mad skillz and could make tons of exploits that put ninjhax to shame, but doesn't because he doesn't want the other hackers to cry like babies. </sarcasm>

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should totally listen to Huntereb. he knows what he's talking about when it comes to the quality of an exploit. He's got mad skillz and could make tons of exploits that put ninjhax to shame, but doesn't because he doesn't want the other hackers to cry like babies. </sarcasm>
No he can'the is in the matrix wit neo :lol:

Either way he does seem way more experienced than like 95% of all us

Neath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah it is pretty funny how much controversy came from this thread. Very different opinions everywhere though.

(may be waiting for criticism on this post too)

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I missed out on buying a copy of Cubic Ninja, and I just received my Gateway yesterday.
I still don't think buying a copy of CN would be a waste of money if I could find it for a fair price.

Regardless of it being a crap game or not, Cubic Ninja is now a piece of 3DS homebrew history, and it always will be.
Nintendo actually issued a product recall on Cubic Ninja when the news got out that it enabled homebrew, so now it's rare.

To a videogames enthusiast, those facts both make Cubic Ninja a legit collectable item.

D

Deleted-355425

I missed out on buying a copy of Cubic Ninja, and I just received my Gateway yesterday.
I still don't think buying a copy of CN would be a waste of money if I could find it for a fair price.

Regardless of it being a crap game or not, Cubic Ninja is now a piece of 3DS homebrew history, and it always will be.
Nintendo actually issued a product recall on Cubic Ninja when the news got out that it enabled homebrew, so now it's rare.

To a videogames enthusiast, those facts both make Cubic Ninja a legit collectable item.
Im supprised Nintendo hadn't gone around eBay etc and bought up all the copys.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Im supprised Nintendo hadn't gone around eBay etc and bought up all the copys.

Nintendo wouldn't do this because the exploit can and will be patched in the next firmware update. The regular 3DS user needs dat eShop and online functions and Nintendo knows this; everyone will update eventually (Except for me of course, i stayed on 4.5 since the first day 3Dbrew advised to do so :P)

It's a different story on the PS Vita though. The games used to exploit the PSP sandbox are pulled from the PSN shop usually within 48 hours of a public exploit release. But it's alot easier to pull an eShop or PSN game than it is to pull a physical cartridge.

Physical cartridge exploits are a video game console producers worst nightmare.

GTA: Liberty City Stories ring any bells for the PSP guys? :yaysp:

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a different story on the PS Vita though. The games used to exploit the PSP sandbox are pulled from the PSN shop usually within 48 hours of a public exploit release. But it's alot easier to pull an eShop or PSN game than it is to pull a physical cartridge.

Sony in all its incarnations have a different mindset than Nintendo... even if it is just the depricated PSP platform (released: 2004) which is really all of any significance you can do on the VITA. It's way easier to just score a used PSP3k or Go on a local listing site and upgrade it to custom firmware. All the PSP and PSN titles you want run fine and Sony can't do a thing about it. No, it's not an OLED screen but running it in native resolution fullscreen has its charms too.

CN has its use and when I happen to run into a cheapish copy I will buy it, I know plenty casual-gaming people who'd love to have a copy. They don't/hardly play online and only update when a new game tells them to.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gdifDxz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.