Hacking Wasabi DX, choosing region

mrfraser89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have myself a Korean Wii. Whoever had it before me, has gone to the effort of installing 4.1U on the system, as well as various homebrew software.

I replaced the DVD drive as well as installed a Wasabi DX. My question is, which region do I choose? I am assuming US, however this results in an error when booting. Choosing Korean lets me boot, but I can not load games in Neogamma (I am trying to run a Chinese copy of Mario Galaxy, it is real though).

What could be the issue here... I may just yank the Wasabi out, and update all the Homebrew and go from there, without the Wasabi. Essentially I don't need the Wasabi as I primarily use USB backup anyhow, but I was interested in getting it to work...

EDIT - Booting without the Wasabi presents no problems. Hmm...

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Why load through Neogamma if you have a chip? Surely you can use the disc channel for this. Neogamma is a softmod, Wasabi is a hardmod. Would it not be easier to just

a) take out the chip and run neogamma

or

b) leave the chip in and use the disc channel

If it was me Id take out the Wasabi (as you say, no problems) and use Neogamma. However, its your choice. Having both is unnecessary in my opinion

mrfraser89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the problem arises with having the chip installed. When set to Korean (remember, on Korean hardware) the game appears as 'System Menu Update'.

When set to anything else, nothing.

MarioWaza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Install Priiloader and enable 'Block Disk Updates'.
IOS249 will have a lower version than the one that is on the game. So your Wii thinks it is'nt up to date. But it is, only you placed Wanins cIOS in place of the STUB IOS of Nintendo (which has a lower version than Wanin's).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass