Hardware wasabi DX and system update 4.3

ZeroX_9876

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I update My wii to 4.3 and my wasabi DX will still work? I don't care about the regions lock games.

Need that update to play Donkey Kong Country Returns

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Sao Mortel said:
but with wasabi a backup will work no?
wasabi plays backups of course
smile.gif

thats what most modchips are made for

xport

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So back to the original question, if all we care about is playing homemade back-ups can we update with the Donkey Kong Country disk and continue doing so with our Wasabi DX 3.0?

Will the updating process from the disk affect the wasabi, or are there any concerns with updating from the disk?

I read this: http://www.wii-chip.co.uk/faqs.html

2. Update you console through a game which is of the same region as your console, for example :

* If you have a PAL wii and insert a PAL game which asks you to update, it’s perfectly safe to do so
* If you have a USA wii and insert a USA game which asks you to update, it’s perfectly safe to do so
* If you have a JAP wii and insert a JAP game which asks you to update, it’s perfectly safe to do so

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updating is perfectly safe so far if you have a modchip. The wii does not see it.
Some games have protections that will keep them from playing but that about it. You can either 1.update the modchip (depend on the model) 2. Softmod and play thru usb (recommended even with a moidchip) 3. Patch your iso (not easy for common mortals)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo