Was using my SDCard on my PC, pulled it out, and now it won't work. Can you help me recover it?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aiyoju, Feb 10, 2019.

1. aiyoju
    OP

aiyoju Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2019
    Afghanistan
    As the title says. Also useful information:
    The 2DSxl doesnt recognize it, neither does windows. Using chkdsk returns the sdcard is in RAW filesystem. Im currently searching for recovery programs, but IDK what I should do, nor if it's recovereable without formatting. If I recall correctly, I was using B9S and LUMA on my ds. Used the seedminer method from 3dsDOThacksDOTguide. I can provide all the info I remember.

If by a chance I cannot recover my SD, what can I do to not lose the modification on my ds? Thanks in advance guys.

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    1. List of data recovery programs
      • These may or may not work in data retrieval.
    2. After you retrieve your files (or not), use SD Memory Card Formatter.
      • If this program can't recognize or reformat the card, yours is dead.
    3. Reformat the card in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat (if bigger than 32 GB).
    4. Full Write + Verify the empty card with H2testw; check for hardware problems.
    5. If it passes, delete the *.h2w test files and add your setup.
      • A failed inspection requires replacing the card.

3. aiyoju
    OP

aiyoju Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2019
    Afghanistan
    Ty for the help. Sadly I couldnt recover any files :( Not the useful ones at least. What should I do now? How to set my SDCard as usable for luma/b9s etc again? Im following this now 3dsDOThacksDOTguideSLASHfinalizing-setup

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    1. Reformat the card with SD Memory Card Formatter.
    2. Reformat again with Windows File Explorer or guiformat in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size.
    3. Check that card with H2testw. You need to ensure there aren't any hardware problems that'll keep be a concern for your future setup.
    4. Complete the Finalizing Setup. It's not much, but you can cheat a little collecting files using the starter kit from here.
    5. From now on, make saves + extdata backups with Checkpoint or JKSM. Also do safe SD card ejections.
    You can look for shared saves at save threads and use save editors for several popular games in hopes of recreating your save setups.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Feb 11, 2019