Was there really a European release of Dementium: The Ward?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by concealed identi, Jun 30, 2008.

1. concealed identi
    OP

Member concealed identi GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    I've read a few times on this site about how there was a European release of it that fixed the issue of lack of save spots in the US version. People have even sited different sources from where they heard it.

However, there was no rom dumped, and Gamefaqs and other sites don't even list it as being released in Europe...so is this real? Was there a European re-release with a better save system? I just got the US version but am ready to give up, since I usually only have 20-30 minutes to play at a time and keep replaying the same areas because I can't save.

2. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
  3. concealed identi
    OP

Member concealed identi GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    Thanks.

After a little investigation, I found this:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/social/viewto...bf2ef48e3ddf915

Who knows if it's legit or not, but it doesn't seem like a wind-up (it would be a really half-assed one, if it was). So I guess they are planning on correcting the issues but haven't released it yet?

4. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Holy crap that site says it's coming in July.

If it can be totally confirmed it has a legit save mechanism and other little problems people hated with it fixed I may just import the sucker as I liked it, until the saving and other little things got in the way, primarily the saves.

5. imz

Member imz GBAtemp's vigilante

United Kingdom
    There's been no announcement of a plan to release the game in Europe but there were rumours that an EU release would bring an improved save system.

from my judgement, they should release the game here sometime this year

6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    There actually was from Gamcock themselves, they're starting the Gamecock Europe offices up and then they plan to release Dementium, Mushroom Men & Insecticide.

7. SokeSleezy

Newcomer SokeSleezy Member

United States
    they should make a sequel wit all these improvements,the save system was awful for the first one...