Was there once a 3D Megaman Battle Network 5 planned

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by granville, Mar 8, 2009.

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Ok, I had a few questions about a possible canceled Megaman Battle Network. I was browsing Spriters Resource and found an interesting game rip section called "Megaman Battle Network 5 (canceled)". It can be found here:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/mmbn5ds3d/

Now obviously, there WAS a DS game called Megaman Battle Network 5 Double Team DS. It was a DS port of the original GBA Battle Network 5 games. It was a pretty strait port with the same graphics. It DID feature a heavily updated sound track that redid the GBA songs in high quality techno. It also featured some basic 3D cell shaded characters on the bottom screen. Other than that however, the two versions of the game were pretty identical to the DS remake.

This we all know (at least, those who have played it). It was a fairly direct port with the same 2D graphics. The listing I found on TSR however points to a separate remake on the DS using full 3D graphics. The listing shows several texture rips:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The problem is that I've never heard of this version of the game and don't really know where it came from. Does anyone have any clue what the heck it is? Thanks in advance. I appreciate info as I'm into lost video games and such.

2. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Yeah, those are old. Was found out like a few months ago. (or maybe a year ago, I don't remember). But they were found in the first Star Force game if I remember.

3. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I see. I had no idea they existed, so that very funny! Thanks for the info. Maybe Starforce was once intended to be Battle Network 7.

4. Sanderino

Member Sanderino I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone

Netherlands
    I know, interesting eh?