was sure i could change battery to pandora using recovery menu

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by madeirabhoy, Jun 25, 2011.

1. madeirabhoy
    OP

Member madeirabhoy GBAtemp Fan

really confused. havent used my psp for ages, its on gen d3. mate bought a 2nd hand psp and just came round and asked me to mod it. im sure when i modded before, i went into recovery menu on my machine, changed the battery to be pandora using that, then using a memory stick ive got set up as magic memory stick, then go from there. however i cant find any option on the recovery menu for changing the battery.

I know im being thick but what am i missing?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    You don't even need a Pandora any longer. Just follow the Sticky topic

3. blueshockz

Newcomer blueshockz Advanced Member

United States
    Press select on XMB and you will see in the menu make pandora battery. im also at Gen-D3.

4. realveemon

Member realveemon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Make sure it isn't a plugin changing the vsh or something.... Turn them all off and try again... GEN can make pandora

5. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    First off, take xist's advice.

Second, the "Make Pandora battery" option in GEN firmwares was NEVER reliable; not to mention later batteries can't be Pandorized AT ALL (we can't rewrite the serials) so that function can't work on those, nor can it detect said batteries.

You SHOULD be using Hellcat's Pandora installer for a Pandora; but you shouldn't even be doing that. You SHOULD be using Hellcat's Recovery Flasher and Davee's/Some1's Downgraders for all your downgrading and or upgrading needs.

6. realveemon

Member realveemon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not sure if totally true as some firmware can give crooked keys if downgrading.... I know hellcat flashes most things but i've heard thats not always the case, on early or later versions....

If i ever need to "downgrade" as such i always MMS it... I have had problems no end of times with several firmwares and a pandora is sometimes a good trick to keep in your pocket....

Hellcat is mostly for the people who can't run full custom firmware....

7. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    A Pandora reflash still won't fix patched keys....that's an IDStorage issue. And it's a relic of the downgrade to 1.50 days of the PSP 1000's which involved patching the keys.

Edit - And Recovery Flasher is kernel so you actually need a CFW to use it....