Status
Not open for further replies.

SworDancer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play my PS2 games again and I didn't do research and got a 2 USB CECHL PS3 that runs 4.81. I'm wondering if its downgradable without spending any money.
Please anything would help.

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada
??? What do you mean, Downgradable without spending any money?
Like for PS2 BC? That's hardware. You can't add hardware that doesn't exist, and you can't add BC to a system that doesn't have it.
Or do you mean like for CFW? In that case, no. You'd need to buy an E3 flasher.

I'd like to get my BC system running myself, but honestly… Just get a PS2… they're dirt cheap!

Reactions: raxadian

SworDancer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
??? What do you mean, Downgradable without spending any money?
Like for PS2 BC? That's hardware. You can't add hardware that doesn't exist, and you can't add BC to a system that doesn't have it.
Or do you mean like for CFW? In that case, no. You'd need to buy an E3 flasher.

I'd like to get my BC system running myself, but honestly… Just get a PS2… they're dirt cheap!

I talking about CFW or to be specfic MultiMan. Thanks for the info too.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I talking about CFW or to be specfic MultiMan. Thanks for the info too.
No multiman. No PS2 games. No free games. No cheats for you.
You can't just "downgrade my PS3 from the latest version without spending any money" otherwise everyone would do it..
Sony is really harsh in topic "CFW". They will do everything that's possible to avoid that.

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No multiman. No PS2 games. No free games. No cheats for you.
You can't just "downgrade my PS3 from the latest version without spending any money" otherwise everyone would do it..
Sony is really harsh in topic "CFW". They will do everything that's possible to avoid that.
i actually think its perfectly reasonable to think that a new method of getting homebrew on ps3 for free would come out and get completely ignored by everyone because there to busy with the switch ps4 xbox one and 3ds to worry about this old console

D

Deleted User

If you are on a slim then it has to be a 2000 model only which can be downgraded from hardmoding.If you are on a 3000 then it's impossible to hack.

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play my PS2 games again and I didn't do research and got a 2 USB CECHL PS3 that runs 4.81. I'm wondering if its downgradable without spending any money.
Please anything would help.
it will cost to have it downgraded and it is downgradeable i have a modded cechl if you are interested in purchasing

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
i actually think its perfectly reasonable to think that a new method of getting homebrew on ps3 for free would come out and get completely ignored by everyone because there to busy with the switch ps4 xbox one and 3ds to worry about this old console
I disagree 100%. If someone figured out a way to downgrade the PS3 without using external hardware it would be huge news and probably posted in every homebrew-related community.

As to the OP, there is currently no way to downgrade your PS3 without requiring external hardware of some kind. If you don't want to spend any money whatsoever, you're out of luck. If you don't mind spending $40 or so, you could send your PS3 out to someone that will perform the downgrade for you (or look around on craigslist, sometimes you'll find people who will do it for cheaper plus they'll be in your area so no shipping costs). You could buy a downgrader and do it yourself, but last I checked the prices for most downgraders were around $50-$80 depending on what you go for.

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I disagree 100%. If someone figured out a way to downgrade the PS3 without using external hardware it would be huge news and probably posted in every homebrew-related community.

As to the OP, there is currently no way to downgrade your PS3 without requiring external hardware of some kind. If you don't want to spend any money whatsoever, you're out of luck. If you don't mind spending $40 or so, you could send your PS3 out to someone that will perform the downgrade for you (or look around on craigslist, sometimes you'll find people who will do it for cheaper plus they'll be in your area so no shipping costs). You could buy a downgrader and do it yourself, but last I checked the prices for most downgraders were around $50-$80 depending on what you go for.
well the sega saturn is getting ready to be able to play games from usb and i haven't heard of anyone talking about that even though thats a pretty major thing

also what do you mean what you go for aren't all downgraders for ps3 the same?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
well the sega saturn is getting ready to be able to play games from usb and i haven't heard of anyone talking about that even though thats a pretty major thing

also what do you mean what you go for aren't all downgraders for ps3 the same?
PS3s throughout the years have been released with two different flash chips, a NAND chip and a NOR chip. The Progskeet and the Teensy++2.0 support both, but the popular E3 Flasher only supports NOR. His particular model uses a NOR flash, so he can use any of the three.

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3s throughout the years have been released with two different flash chips, a NAND chip and a NOR chip. The Progskeet and the Teensy++2.0 support both, but the popular E3 Flasher only supports NOR. His particular model uses a NOR flash, so he can use any of the three.
huh i never knew about any other flasher than the e3

D

Deleted User

A year later after this post and a way to inject ps2 backups without cfw comes out.Patience is a virtue isnt it?

juc27pmg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the whole ps3xploit and now it works just fine. Time to play some sphinx and the cursed mummy. And luckily for me this ps3 was given to me by a friend a year ago with a whole tv so

Last edited by juc27pmg,

Traace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All PS3 systems are BC. Just not with PS2. But with PSX they all are. Play some PSX games.

All PS3 systems are BC. Just the first revision (CECHAXX, CECHBXX) has full hardware support for PS2 Games. CECHCXX lost PS2 Emotion Engine already, thus playing PS2 games on these is achieved via hardware support and a software emulator. While every newer PS3 has none PS2 Chips anymore that doesn't mean they are not BC, Sony uses software only to emulate PS2 on newer systems. I actually play PS2 Games on my Slim cfw. The compatibility is just lower compared to first revision.

On a OFW you can download PS2 games from PS Store. On CFW its possible to start the ISO's

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the reason why I don't want a PS5. Idc about graphics or cpu processing power I care about functionality Microsoft & Nintendo get it so why doesn't sony. Before anyone comes at me saying that the Switch has no bc I consider the WiiU ports a type of bc.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is the reason why I don't want a PS5. Idc about graphics or cpu processing power I care about functionality Microsoft & Nintendo get it so why doesn't sony. Before anyone comes at me saying that the Switch has no bc I consider the WiiU ports a type of bc.

You just say that because you don't have those system. A hacked ps4 will the way to go just give it a couple years. I suggest you invest in one if you are a serious gamer (Ps4 you don<t have to hack). They are a really good value.

Last edited by Magsor,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

what has this got to do with anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse