Hacking Was sent here from Serenes Forest and I need help with xorpads

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used the one from Simple CIA Converter. I didn't realise Decrypt9 could also make the ncchinfo.bin as well as work with it.

Sorry dude, but you should do a bit more reading on what you're getting here.

You should use the ncchinfogen.py with Shadowtrances one, as each ncchinfo.bin may be different.

DDR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry dude, but you should do a bit more reading on what you're getting here.

You should use the ncchinfogen.py with Shadowtrances one, as each ncchinfo.bin may be different.
It's currently generating Main.romfs.xorpad
It didn't before.

Will report back when it's done

DDR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ERROR, SD card may be full!
NCCH Padgen: failed!

There are 13.3 GB of xorpad files in my work directory. Is that normal?

D7ohkwK.png

edit: and the patch program still says I'm missing Main.exefs_7x

Last edited by DDR,

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

No, that isn't. You should get around 2gb's worth of Xorpads. Which option are you selecting for decrypt9?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

D7ohkwK.png

edit: and the patch program still says I'm missing Main.exefs_7x
That doesn't look normal, the manual/exefs should not be that huge. I think you can find prepatched versions of the fan translation on that ISO site.
It looks like it was going to generate the file you need before it ran out of space. It has exefs_7x for all the other partitions.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

DDR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, that isn't. You should get around 2gb's worth of Xorpads. Which option are you selecting for decrypt9?
NCCH PADGEN.

Could it be because I used rxtools to decrypt the .3ds? First person who replied mentioned something like that but then later deleted their post. I just remembered that I did that. I still have a backup around that is untouched.

That doesn't look normal, the manual/exefs should not be that huge. I think you can find prepatched versions of the fan translation on that ISO site.
It looks like it was going to generate the file you need before it ran out of space. It has exefs_7x for all the other partitions.
I will consider prepatched but only as a last resort.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
NCCH PADGEN.

Could it be because I used rxtools to decrypt the .3ds? First person who replied mentioned something like that but then later deleted their post. I just remembered that I did that. I still have a backup around that is untouched.

If you already decrypted the .3DS then running Decrypt9 is pointless, all you need to do is extract the partitions (exe/romfs and such), modify and recreate the .3DS ROM.
But it might be easier to start with an encrypted version of the game if the instructions are made for that.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NCCH PADGEN.

Wait what? Decrypting a .3ds is getting xorpads, so why are you using decrypt9 then?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wait what? Decrypting a .3ds is getting xorpads, so why are you using decrypt9 then?
rxTools can decrypt ROMs in-place without xorpads or ncchinfo.bin. But at the end of the process you are left with just a .3DS with its partitions decrypted, which is not what most guides/applications are expecting.

DDR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used the untouched .3ds rom and I got 7 xorpad files around 1.7GB.

Patch program accepted them and seems to have validated the Xorpads and the ROM.

It also succeeded in making a .cia afterwards. Hopefully it works properly. Will report back once .cia is installed.

DDR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Game is running and has English text. (Though for some reason Neutral path isn't unlocked under unlock new fates)

Thanks to everyone who helped. Special thanks to thedude28 who referred me to here from Serenes Forest.

Reactions: thedude28

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Game is running and has English text. (Though for some reason Neutral path isn't unlocked under unlock new fates)

Thanks to everyone who helped. Special thanks to thedude28 who referred me to here from Serenes Forest.

For the new path you'd need NTR cfw and the region free plugin for it to work properly, if you have it downloaded.

DDR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the new path you'd need NTR cfw and the region free plugin for it to work properly, if you have it downloaded.
NTR cfw says it needs a gamecard to work. And how would I get the DLC anyway? I assume the eshop wouldn't work for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: