Gaming Was Okamiden the last great game for the DS?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Okamiden was plagued with issues. It was pretty and that was about it. It was too repetitive and dry to be called great though. There are troves of DS games of a higher quality than that. Monster Tale is a fine example of a better game. The graphics are well done for the style of play, the mechanics don't get dry with plenty of customization revolving around your monster, and there is fairly fun exploration and different ways to fight.

The DS has a long way to go yet. I'm sure total production of DS games will slow down, but that also means less shovelware. Most of the titles we'll be seeing from this point onward will generally be older releases being dumped late, and new titles that are bound to be relatively fun. With the DS surpassing the sales of any hand held in history (surpassed even the original GBA which sold well over 100 million), production won't die so soon.

You also have to consider, and Nintendo knows this; with the release of the 3DS is and will be lots of DS trade ins, many in great condition. This will lead to those who couldn't afford the DS before getting a DS and then playing older titles, yet wanting newer titles to look forward to.

The DS has a long way to go. I predict at least three more years of life before all of the good developers completely quit developing for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse