Gaming Was BOTW originally designed for Switch?

• Thread starter Deleted-401606
  • Start date
  • Views 2,267
  • Replies 20
D

Deleted-401606

OP
Some idiot at gamestop told me that the game was originally designed for the switch. He got defensive when I tried to correct him and acted like I was retarded.(reminds me of a time when an employee at gamestop told me that 80gb ps3's werent backwards compatible.) Anyways. The conversation went something like this.

Me:BOTW was ported to the switch
Gamestop employee:Actually it was originally made for the switch but it was ported back to the wii U
Me:That cant be because the game development started in 2012.
Gamestop employee:It was made for the switch and ported back.
Me:So you mean to tell me nintendo knew the Wii U was going to fail since 2012?
Gamestop Employee:Yep pretty much.

This just doesnt make sense to me at all. I hate the attitude some of these guys have honestly....

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Some idiot at gamestop told me that the game was originally designed for the switch. He got defensive when I tried to correct him and acted like I was retarded.(reminds me of a time when an employee at gamestop told me that 80gb ps3's werent backwards compatible.) Anyways. The conversation went something like this.

Me:BOTW was ported to the switch
Gamestop employee:Actually it was originally made for the switch but it was ported back to the wii U
Me:That cant be because the game development started in 2012.
Gamestop employee:It was made for the switch and ported back.
Me:So you mean to tell me nintendo knew the Wii U was going to fail since 2012?
Gamestop Employee:Yep pretty much.

This just doesnt make sense to me at all. I hate the attitude some of these guys have honestly....
Obviously originally designed for the Wii U, tech demos were shown way before switch was even announced.

Last edited by iAqua,

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i agree most of them don't really know much except what they see on yahoo news LOL but i wouldnt try to ask and embarass them if you already knew the answer.

D

Deleted-401606

OP
Why do you even argue with a Gamestop employee?
Arguing with a wall would be more productive.

Well since he works at a video game store I just thought he should know better. Also from a sales perspective it is stupid to argue with a customer even if the customer is wrong. I guess it boils down to a lack of social etiquette.I guess you are right though lol,might as well argue with the wall.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tbh stores are generally encouraged to push the most expensive version (well actually whichever version has a higher retailer profit margin) and upsell newer systems to encourage people to upgrade, I guess saying the game was originally designed for a older system would probably make people think it's not going to be very good

Last edited by gamesquest1,
D

Deleted-401606

OP
that may sound a bit harsh, but if it was designed for the switch in the first place, i think it would've been far better optimised.

I couldnt believe the guy actually thought Nintendo knew the wii U was going to fail since 2012. That makes zero logical sense.

Reactions: Mito551

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. And thats why you just walk out.
I simply stop talking to people like that that doesnt want to listen.
Game was made for the wii u and then the ported to the switch and upgraded

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Why do you even argue with a Gamestop employee?
Arguing with a wall would be more productive.

I've actually met a few GameStop employees that know more than most people on this forum.. Hm

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it was originally designed for the Wii U, similar to how Twilight Princess was originally designed for the GCN and got delayed for 2 years, until the Wii came out. Same thing happened with BoTW.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldnt believe the guy actually thought Nintendo knew the wii U was going to fail since 2012. That makes zero logical sense.
I knew it would fail the moment the name was announced at E3. On top of that my hardcore gaming friends, that are not casual by any means thought it was an accessory for the original Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a