Hacking Wart - A New Super Mario Bros Tileset Editor

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyoko_sayuri said:
riddle43 said:
i have that just want to know what im looking to find yoshi????
anyone know in here how its titled

never mind i found it im so happy my yoshi is black

Object > Yoshi.arc (see below that has all the textures of Yoshi)

But Wart will not open this file, to open use SZS Modifier:
ytext.png

yeah i found it but the game wont load after i make him black has anyone had any luck changeing the coler of any of the caterers??

if so help me out a bit im kind of lost
moogle.gif

kyoko_sayuri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
riddle43 said:
kyoko_sayuri said:
riddle43 said:
i have that just want to know what im looking to find yoshi????
anyone know in here how its titled

never mind i found it im so happy my yoshi is black

Object > Yoshi.arc (see below that has all the textures of Yoshi)

But Wart will not open this file, to open use SZS Modifier:
ytext.png

yeah i found it but the game wont load after i make him black has anyone had any luck changeing the coler of any of the caterers??

if so help me out a bit im kind of lost
moogle.gif

I do not understand what you want to do ... I'm sorry, I do not understand very well English. (???????????!)
You want to change the color of Yoshi? If you see this, I got it editing the file Y_TexGreen.arc (a purple Yoshi):
49604451.png

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is what i want but for game play but in the start would be cool to thanks if you can help

thanks i think i found it but do you know why the szs program crashes every time i re do the title??

kyoko_sayuri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
riddle43 said:
that is what i want but for game play but in the start would be cool to thanks if you can help

thanks i think i found it but do you know why the szs program crashes every time i re do the title??

Appeared Mario with Yoshi's opening here because I'm using an Action Replay code:
Always starts with Yoshi: 04355180 00000002 (P1 code / PAL-M)

Open the file Y_TexGreen.arc, then double click the pic, ( NOT THE ICON!) the actual pic and you will access the texture editor menu. Click in file > export.

Edit the texture and import again to Y_TexGreen.arc.

Well... have to leave now, I hope you can. Post here then it succeeded or not ok?
Bye

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive done that and it goes to the hold the wiimote sideways then i get a black screen and if i hit home it gives me the no home in the bottom coner hmmm

illl keep trying if anyone has an idea of what i could be doing wrong please let me know

kyoko_sayuri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
riddle43 said:

Strange ... you could post a print screen of this error?
I can edit the title logo usually did the same with the texture of Yoshi.
This topic is about the Wart, it would be better to take these issues on the SZS Modifier to the topic below:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=195919

creffca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a preview of what I'm working on for the next release of wart:

wart29.jpg

You will be able to load a stage from ISO and see the tilesets applied to levels. You can "link" a level window to a tileset window and the level will update in real-time as you work with your tilesets.

*SMW custom tileset provided by richdog567 and custom rock tileset provided by vibestar over at the Newer Super Mario Bros. forums.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that looks fantastic Creffca. Looking forward to this. Do you plan to have a seperate repository for custom tilesets (user uploads) or do you plan on incorportating a bunch for easy drag and drop?

kyoko_sayuri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
creffca said:
Here's a preview of what I'm working on for the next release of wart:

wart29.jpg

You will be able to load a stage from ISO and see the tilesets applied to levels. You can "link" a level window to a tileset window and the level will update in real-time as you work with your tilesets.

*SMW custom tileset provided by richdog567 and custom rock tileset provided by vibestar over at the Newer Super Mario Bros. forums.

Very nice!

creffca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mooseknuckle2000 said:
that looks fantastic Creffca. Looking forward to this. Do you plan to have a seperate repository for custom tilesets (user uploads) or do you plan on incorportating a bunch for easy drag and drop?

I have not considered distributing tilesets. Hopefully the NSMBW modding community flourishes once Reggie is released and a site hosting general NSMBW assets pops up.

Speaking of Reggie, my personal version of Wart now has basic terrain editing abilities. However, I do not plan to enable the level editing abilities to the public until Reggie is released. Without Treeki's help I may have never gotten the tiles to render correctly in the first place. I'd feel like a total douche if I took the information he gave me and released some half-assed, incomplete editor before he released his final product.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
creffca said:
mooseknuckle2000 said:

I have not considered distributing tilesets. Hopefully the NSMBW modding community flourishes once Reggie is released and a site hosting general NSMBW assets pops up.

Speaking of Reggie, my personal version of Wart now has basic terrain editing abilities. However, I do not plan to enable the level editing abilities to the public until Reggie is released. Without Treeki's help I may have never gotten the tiles to render correctly in the first place. I'd feel like a total douche if I took the information he gave me and released some half-assed, incomplete editor before he released his final product.
that's totally understandable. After Reggie! is released, I think it would be awesome to see Wart incorporated into the final app to make the "killer NSMBW app." I would imagine it wouldn't be totally necessary though, since you'd probably have to open another window/tool to edit tilesets anyway, but the thought of a unified app is appealing none the less.
EDIT: so does this mean you won't release any more betas until Reggie is released?

creffca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mooseknuckle2000 said:
that's totally understandable. After Reggie! is released, I think it would be awesome to see Wart incorporated into the final app to make the "killer NSMBW app." I would imagine it wouldn't be totally necessary though, since you'd probably have to open another window/tool to edit tilesets anyway, but the thought of a unified app is appealing none the less.
EDIT: so does this mean you won't release any more betas until Reggie is released?

A grand unified NSMBW app would be great, but Reggie is python and Wart is C# so that's not gonna happen. Or at least, Reggie wouldn't be able to absorb Wart.

I still plan to release betas with the level view feature intact, you just won't be able to save any changes. Things are pretty hectic with Christmas coming up, but I would like to release at least 1 more version with improved stability and the "link" feature before the holidays.

Treeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
creffca said:
mooseknuckle2000 said:

A grand unified NSMBW app would be great, but Reggie is python and Wart is C# so that's not gonna happen. Or at least, Reggie wouldn't be able to absorb Wart.

I still plan to release betas with the level view feature intact, you just won't be able to save any changes. Things are pretty hectic with Christmas coming up, but I would like to release at least 1 more version with improved stability and the "link" feature before the holidays.
Even so, nothing is lost
tongue.gif
I was originally planning to create my own tileset editor - but it would have been a separate app, not integrated.

Wart is already a great editor, I don't feel the need to reinvent the wheel when mine wouldn't offer anything else (other than cross-platform support). If anything - I can foresee Wart's inbuilt editor being useful for testing out tilesets and making sure everything works together, while Reggie is used for normal level editing.

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Question: Was Lunar Magic originally designed by the Japanese or the Americans (English speakers)?

I ask, because it's neat to see all of this progress being done on our side of things, and creating all of the required tools. I also am curious to see what happens when the Japanese get ahold of it and start making New Automatic Mario levels. *Wonders if there's been any progress on remapping BAMP's*

kyoko_sayuri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
creffca said:
mooseknuckle2000 said:

"my personal version of Wart now has basic terrain editing abilities"
This is really cool! Thanks to this update :-)
(It would be nice to integrate somehow Wart into Reggie as a tool for editing tilesets and terrain)

creffca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TobiasAmaranth said:
I ask, because it's neat to see all of this progress being done on our side of things, and creating all of the required tools. I also am curious to see what happens when the Japanese get ahold of it and start making New Automatic Mario levels. *Wonders if there's been any progress on remapping BAMP's*

Teh lolz. I'm certain the game hacking community has always been culturally diverse. And to throw you for a loop, I'm half Mexican and was born in Germany, ha.

...What's a "BAMP"?

QUOTE(kyoko_sayuri @ Dec 17 2009, 11:31 PM) (It would be nice to integrate somehow Wart into Reggie as a tool for editing tilesets and terrain)

Reggie is a full level editor, so of course it already edits terrain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: