Warranty Concerns

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by AXYPB, Aug 10, 2008.

Aug 10, 2008

Warranty Concerns by AXYPB at 11:46 PM (1,192 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. AXYPB
    OP

Member AXYPB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My L button stopped working and I can return my DS Lite to Nintendo and have it repaired under warranty. However, I noticed that the cartridge slot has two visible ridges toward the center, which I'm positive was worn out from the raised chip on my M3 Real. Would the repair crew notice this and consider such a thing suspect?

2. matrix121391

Member matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I doubt it, but if you're really THAT paranoid, you can always fix it yourself (although I would not recommend it). I've seen several youtube videos and threads on this forum (search button!) that teaches you how. Good luck!

3. CorruptJon

Member CorruptJon :)

United States
    No don't try to fix it, you'll probably make it worse. Don't worry about Nintendo, they don't go all CSI on DS's they repair. The only thing they check for is Flashme by seeing if your DS skips the warning screen on turn on (which seeing how Flashme is no longer useful, you probably don't have it anyways.)

4. AXYPB
    OP

Member AXYPB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I did install FlashMe once, but I uninstalled it shortly after. Would they know?

5. CorruptJon

Member CorruptJon :)

United States
    Nah, there probably is a way they could find out if you had it before, but they will not waste time on stuff like that lol. The only reason I say they check for Flashme by turning it on, is because I called in on two different occasions to get a warranty fix, and they always asked me to turn on the DS and tell them if there was a warning screen.