Hacking Warranty Concerns

AXYPB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My L button stopped working and I can return my DS Lite to Nintendo and have it repaired under warranty. However, I noticed that the cartridge slot has two visible ridges toward the center, which I'm positive was worn out from the raised chip on my M3 Real. Would the repair crew notice this and consider such a thing suspect?

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it, but if you're really THAT paranoid, you can always fix it yourself (although I would not recommend it). I've seen several youtube videos and threads on this forum (search button!) that teaches you how. Good luck!

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No don't try to fix it, you'll probably make it worse. Don't worry about Nintendo, they don't go all CSI on DS's they repair. The only thing they check for is Flashme by seeing if your DS skips the warning screen on turn on (which seeing how Flashme is no longer useful, you probably don't have it anyways.)

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
I did install FlashMe once, but I uninstalled it shortly after. Would they know?
Nah, there probably is a way they could find out if you had it before, but they will not waste time on stuff like that lol. The only reason I say they check for Flashme by turning it on, is because I called in on two different occasions to get a warranty fix, and they always asked me to turn on the DS and tell them if there was a warning screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...