Hardware Warranty and A9lh

Meriadoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys ,I have a a9lhaxed 3ds and unfortunately the pad started to doesn't work properly,often jam in a direction and is difficult to play . Calibration doesn't help.
So, it's 1 year old and I have to send in warranty.
Should I remove a9lh or should simple install the version that starts without sd and send in this way?
What do you suggest to me ? Thanks

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At least uninstall it. Nintendo support is not that dump that they have no way of checking hidden A9LH. If they ask you anything about the hack, just say you have no idea about it and that you bought it used from a friend or something.
When you get it back, you can easily reinstall it with the dumped otp from first time. No need for 2.1 CTR anymore. Shouldn't take more than 2 min.

Last edited by windhazard,

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would uninstall it since you can install it on the latest firmware.

If the arm9loaderhax.bin installed on the ctrnand it will load the config menu if Nintendo puts in a sd card.

When the menu loads they will know you modified it. I hope you still have your otp.bin.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
At least uninstall it. Nintendo support is not that dump that they have no way of checking hidden A9LH. If they ask you anything about the hack, just say you have no idea about it and that you bought it used from a friend or something.
When you get it back, you can easily reinstall it with the dumped otp from first time. No need for 2.1 CTR anymore. Shouldn't take more than 2 min.
indeed

FrostyDialga

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Make a NAND backup of your a9lhed system then restore a the NAND backup that has no a9lhthe one you backed up during installing a9lh and backup the sd card then delete all the homebrew on it or just everything then send it in when the 3ds comes back just simply use safehax then restore your a9lh Nand and backup and sd card backup.

Last edited by FrostyDialga,

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he bought it used, he wouldn't have a warranty.

Meriadoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK thanks to all for the suggestions,so with decrypt9 I've just removed a9lh and I have a 9.2 virgin n3ds,he arrived with 9.8 but I don't think it doesn't matter .
I hope Nintendo doesn't release 11.3 next week [emoji26] [emoji26]

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
OK thanks to all for the suggestions,so with decrypt9 I've just removed a9lh and I have a 9.2 virgin n3ds,he arrived with 9.8 but I don't think it doesn't matter .
I hope Nintendo doesn't release 11.3 next week [emoji26] [emoji26]

Do you still have your OTP.bin? if you do, save it :)

Meriadoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Surely , with the a9lhx nand backup :)
If I update to 11.2 and send the 3ds with it, is easy to reinstall it or it's better to leave 9.2?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't send it to them you can fix it yourself very easily. The part you need costs less than $10 on eBay. Heck, you probably just need to pop the system open, remove the analog stick and reseat the the little black or grey pad that sits under the big grey circle because that's most likely what's jammed. If you want to save some time and money, look up a tutorial on YouTube on how to fix a stuck circle pad

Meriadoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't pay anything , I've bought my 3ds on Amazon , they pay even the shipping cost ...If I open the 3ds I will broke the warranty ....

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Amazon as seller, they tell me that I send the 3ds in an authorized by Nintendo service centre...But through Amazon as intermediate

I don't think it qualifies for guaranty, you will have to pay to ninty if you want it to get it fixed, unless the seller has 2 years guarantee and they can replace it, but i suggest you replace it yourself.

Meriadoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think it qualifies for guaranty, you will have to pay to ninty if you want it to get it fixed, unless the seller has 2 years guarantee and they can replace it, but i suggest you replace it yourself.
It is 11 month old , Nintendo warranty is Active ....
If i want to fix by myself what should i buy?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: