Hacking WARNING: Wanky released 3.55 CFW v2!!!!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Juanmatron said:
He bricked so many Wiis with his cIOS. He's doing the same now.

Magsor said:
"Stay away from CFW in general or waninkoko's?

From Waninkoko's one.

There's not a single report that the cIOS alone bricked any Wii. His wii menu updater&patcher(don't remember what it's called), bricked Wiis. You can actually brick a Wii with a cIOS, but almost all cases are contructed, like you can kill the dvd drive by loading games from sd card(put sd card into the dvd drive).

What i don't understand is why people are so eager to try out new stuff, with tools that may brick your nice and expensive toys, to a time where you don't have anything from it anyways. I bet most people who bricked their ps3s with Waninkoko's 1st CFW wanted to play backups with it, and now tell me if it was possible to the time the bricks happened.

His software really didn't brick the Wii, it just downloaded a stub IOS so the system menu was unable to launch. Its more like the program had a flaw, and yes you can attribute that to waninkoko, but really its not his fault that someone would not choose to update from Nintendo and use his updater, or just do it manually with a wad installer.

Anyway on topic. Is there better compatibility with this CFW? I want to take the leap and I think I'd be ok, i got a CHECL 80gb but I'm sticking to the motto, if it ain't broke don't fix it. But I want to play my Hot Shots golf from my drive damnit! (srsly thats the only game that doesn't work that i have). Any reports on compat? Or are people to scared to install...

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
A bit harsh to say this. waninkoko has done lot's of good things for the scene. His name might be in vain, but his cIOS's has made what backup loading is today.
Also, the first bricks were present because of a bug in fail0verflow's tools. Not his code. (Even though you can not blame fail0verflow for this one)

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have a question regarding waninkoko bricks. is it possible for people who had it bricked by waninkoko to fix their PS3 systems? or are they bricked for eternity?
i have kmeaw installed so i just wanna know

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
hova1 said:
i have a question regarding waninkoko bricks. is it possible for people who had it bricked by waninkoko to fix their PS3 systems? or are they bricked for eternity?
i have kmeaw installed so i just wanna know
My team and I are working on it and should have it figured out by the end of this upcoming week (hopefully).
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.