Warning for everyone who has Unlaunch: DO NOT use the "uninstall" feature.

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Trash_Bandatcoot, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Trash_Bandatcoot
    OP

Trash_Bandatcoot Your average GBAtemp fanboy

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Final Update: This was an issue with the RSA checks and keys. This was NoCash's comment:
    "Unlaunch does disable RSA checks. Without Unlaunch you will need to have the RSA keys, else you'll get the "Error: 2-2435-8325" message upon boot. You'll need the DSi BIOS roms in the No$GBA folder."
    It's confirmed that Unlaunch will be uninstalled successfully on a DSi.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

(Outdated)
    So it was yesterday when for fun, I hooked up my NAND dump to No$GBA 2.9a and I had some fun with it. As a test (and because there's no sound in the menu), I wanted to take a look at what happens if you delete Unlaunch. I thought it would just recover the regular menu, but no.

Instead, it fully bricked with all the SDNAND patches deleted.
    Error (DSiBrick).

This is a screenshot of what you see. Discord user @edo9300 did some research and it said it means "invalid firmware". He told me to compare the fixed NAND with the bricked NAND. It took me a while, but this is where the issue lies:

NAND:\title\00030017\484e4150\content\title.tmd
    differ.

484e4150
    is the System Menu (for Europe) and a *.tmd is required for the firmware. Not only is this a warning to everyone who hasn't done this yet, but also a bug report to No-Cash which a patch has to come out soon for.

In short: Do not use the uninstall feature, all what can bring it back is a hardmod.

Last edited by Trash_Bandatcoot, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Girtana1

Girtana1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Thank you for the post and thanks nocash for more things that don't work :)

MegaGenesis and BowFreak like this.
  3. Trash_Bandatcoot
    OP

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    No problem, by the way, I already issued this "bug" by the man himself, so no more emails need to be sent, or else it will looks like a spambot.

Girtana1 likes this.
  4. LegendaryDouche

LegendaryDouche Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2018
    Ukraine
    It looks like there is an extra line of code remaining, that is trying to be loaded but essentially fails to do so

Trash_Bandatcoot likes this.
  5. UraKn0x

UraKn0x Official senpai

Mar 20, 2014
    France
    I mean if you're a better programmer/hacker than nocash feel free to release your own coldboot DSi exploit, and if you're not you don't need to attack them when something doesn't work :)

6. Girtana1

Girtana1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I didn't attack nocash at all, I was just sarcastically thanking him for something with issues, I appreciate the work he does but when there's things that don't work then they don't work, can't ignore it but I'm not going to seriously praise it either (that'd just be kinda dumb lol)

7. jonascr130

jonascr130 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2018
    Venezuela
    it worked for me

8. Bluesod

Bluesod Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2018
    United States
    So it would uninstall successfully on a Physical DSi?
    I want to know so i don't accidentally brick my DSi.

Last edited by Bluesod, Oct 17, 2018
  9. edo9300

edo9300 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2018
    Italy
    The brick risk is the same as when installing it, as for now nobody ever bricked on a physical console

10. Girtana1

Girtana1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    United States
    New York
    not trying to be an ass im just curious, anyone have a video of uninstalling it?

11. Trash_Bandatcoot
    OP

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I've recorded it from my emulator, but again, No$GBA forgets to add back the RSA keys.
    I think this wont happen on a regular DSi.

Girtana1 likes this.
  12. Girtana1

Girtana1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    United States
    New York
    ah, thanks for the info though

13. Bluesod

Bluesod Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2018
    United States
    Thank you so much! i decided to take the risk and it worked successfully.

14. nocash123

nocash123 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2015
    Afghanistan
    Why are you saying such a thing? You didn't have had the bios file with the rsa keys before installing unlaunch, no$gba can't possibly "add back" those keys if you did never had them.
    Your setup didn't work before installing unlaunch, and that's why it can't possiby work after uninstalling unlaunch.

Also - you seem to have edited the first post in this thread - but it would have been nice if you would have mentioned that in a later post. There appear to be lots of people not being aware of that edit. Half of that people are now on a mission telling around that uninstalling doesn't work. The other half is telling around that they are utterly surprised about uninstalling having worked for them without problems.

ry755 and barronwaffles like this.