Hacking Warning: EZ4 Lite doesn't work with the Passcard 3

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I would send a general warning out there to new buyers, I got my EZ4 Lite today, installed the latest loader, and it won't boot into NDS mode with the Passcard 3. Be warned.

litesaber

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FYI, both EZ4 models are called EZ4 Lite. Make sure you specifiy miniSD or microSD, so as not to confuse people.

The miniSD version does work with the NoPass devices.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My microSD version just arrived in my hands right now, along with an MK4 mini. Unfortunately I'm at work, and while I have my DS Lite with me, I don't have my microSD. Grr. Testing will commence this evening!

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My microSD version just arrived in my hands right now, along with an MK4 mini. Unfortunately I'm at work, and while I have my DS Lite with me, I don't have my microSD. Grr. Testing will commence this evening!

Thanks, keep me posted! Another forum member just got his working, but it seems his Passcard 3 doesn't have a splash screen. This whole EZ + Passcard/Superkey thing has been the biggest pain in the ass ever.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This whole EZ + Passcard/Superkey thing has been the biggest pain in the ass ever.

Agreed wholeheartedly. The EZ team is being quite difficult locking all the devices out. I hope it's not because they have their own version on the way and they want to stifle their competitors, that would be too lame.

Either way, they've got to fix it once and for all.

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This whole EZ + Passcard/Superkey thing has been the biggest pain in the ass ever.

Agreed wholeheartedly. The EZ team is being quite difficult locking all the devices out. I hope it's not because they have their own version on the way and they want to stifle their competitors, that would be too lame.

Either way, they've got to fix it once and for all.

I don't think they're trying to stiff their competition, their last loader update fixes all the compatibilities it seems on every card but with the EZ4 Lite Micro + Splash Screen version of the Passcard 3. I'm hoping they just forgot to test that combination.

And I'm also hoping they fix it in a timely manner, don't really want to buy an old Passcard 2 or something to ensure that it works.

Shad0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It works fine for me?!

http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/viewtopic.php?t=793

Go there, grab the latest kernel and copy it to the flash card DIRECTLY. Boot the dsl WITHOUT the passcard in and hold down the right trigger when you boot the GBA slot. It'll show flashing and eventually put you at an ugly star wars screen. Turn it off and put the passcard in and there you go.

Edit: my passcard doesn't have a loading screen either.

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works fine for me?!

Go there, grab the latest kernel and copy it to the flash card DIRECTLY. Boot the dsl WITHOUT the passcard in and hold down the right trigger when you boot the GBA slot. It'll show flashing and eventually put you at an ugly star wars screen. Turn it off and put the passcard in and there you go.

Thanks for the post, but I've already done all that. There apparently are multiple Passcard 3 versions going around.

Shad0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It works fine for me?!

Thanks for the post, but I've already done all that. There apparently are multiple Passcard 3 versions going around.

doh!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free