• Start date
  • Views 70,790
  • Replies 297
  • Likes 13

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
You wanna be hackable as soon as possible when getting a new console? Set the wifi off or even better, put the console in flight mode. I accidentally left my switch on flight mode ever since i bought it since i was flying next day and has never took it off since. I never play online anyway, never care for multiplayer games and never buy digital releases so there is nothing i missed apart from games that need a v3+ version such as Mario. I have a shitload of games to play on my backlog, not even including retro stuff, so i can wait :)

N0R7H

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is it safe to enter to the eshop to buy the botw dlc without updating? I'm on 4.1.0 and don't want to update.

Hyborix3

Gabi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm conflicted in whether I should buy another Switch with the updated firmware and keep my current Switch firmware below 5.0. I've already set my current Switch in Airplane Mode.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it safe to enter to the eshop to buy the botw dlc without updating? I'm on 4.1.0 and don't want to update.
Turn off autoupdate, unblock updates, buy dlc, wait for download + install, block updates, reboot to delete update.
Should be safe doing it like this.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
No. At least you can play online and play new games
I have 2 switches, but if I had 1 I'd either lock it away and forget about it or just update and be fine with it.
I have two as well. I don't wanna keep my brother from playing Minecraft Nintendo Switch Edition, ya feel me?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm conflicted in whether I should buy another Switch with the updated firmware and keep my current Switch firmware below 5.0. I've already set my current Switch in Airplane Mode.
Or try to buy another one at 3.0.0, keep the one you have that ALREADY has games and save data on it and update it.

Reactions: Hyborix3

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Good. 2 switches is the way to go. I dunno how I'd feel with one switch, waiting for Homebrew and can't use it
Yeah. I've spent more on games than I have the actual price of the Switch, so no way I'm gonna hold off updating for basically emulators and piracy with the end result of probably getting banned with an account filled with games. I'm actually pretty hopeful for Team Xecuter for the people who are going to update to 5.0.0.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
good that you are talking about "Unpatchable Modchip" i dont think TX will deliver...they will back down

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes but thats Robabla an Trustworthy hacker and if he says almost Impossible then believe me its no BS
Like some brilliant Wii hackers who back in the day said GameCube simulation / emulation, impossible completely in Wii without slowdowns.

Now, look at Nintendont.

Nothing is 100% secure. Even if it takes more time than originally thought, there'll be hacks for Switch in latest FWs.

Hyborix3

Gabi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[QUOTE="punderino, post: 7874729, member: 379082"
Or try to buy another one at 3.0.0, keep the one you have that ALREADY has games and save data on it and update it.[/QUOTE]

Good idea but I don't think I can find a cheap 3.0.0 Switch. I guess I'll just do the other method :/

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
[QUOTE="punderino, post: 7874729, member: 379082"
Or try to buy another one at 3.0.0, keep the one you have that ALREADY has games and save data on it and update it.

Good idea but I don't think I can find a cheap 3.0.0 Switch. I guess I'll just do the other method :/[/QUOTE]
Buy a 4.1.0 one and update the one you already have????

Hyborix3

Gabi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good idea but I don't think I can find a cheap 3.0.0 Switch. I guess I'll just do the other method :/
Buy a 4.1.0 one and update the one you already have????[/QUOTE]
I'm planning to buy a new Switch on July. By then, it'll probably be an updated 5.0.0 right off the box

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Buy a 4.1.0 one and update the one you already have????
I'm planning to buy a new Switch on July. By then, it'll probably be an updated 5.0.0 right off the box[/QUOTE]
Eh. Take the used or refurb route. If you buy it in store, keep returning it until it's lower lol

Reactions: Hyborix3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: