Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
No random is true random :P

Inb4 Switch consoles ship containing radioactive isotopes
The efuses are literal fuses that detonate and release radioactive toxins when unauthorized use is detected.. :x

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's game over for TeamX,they have gone from potentially making millions to now loosing money in developing whatever they had,i suppose they could still launch it but it's going to have limited appeal when it's now only going to work on the same switches that will also be able to run cfw.

I think this is a first for Nintendo to combat exploits via silicon?
Not necessarily, there are still millions of units in the wild right now that are vulnerable

Fluffball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A quick look on wiki states ios uses KASLR so it's not the be all end all to as OP seems to suggest?

Fluffball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not necessarily, there are still millions of units in the wild right now that are vulnerable

Right but what really made their payed mod attractive was that they stated that is would work forever,not banking on Nintendo doing a SOC revision.

They may have a solution ready to go first but it's appeal may only last a few months before everyone can softmod the same consoles,if they want to maximize on what they have they need to release it ASAP.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Right but what really made their payed mod attractive was that they stated that is would work forever,not banking on Nintendo doing a SOC revision.

They may have a solution ready to go first but it's appeal may only last a few months before everyone can softmod the same consoles,if they want to maximize on what they have they need to release it ASAP.

I don't disagree, but what you're stating is all speculation until we hear from a reputable source.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would still work for all future firmwares, just only on the earlier Switch models. There will almost certainly be a revision number, so it's not like it'll be difficult for people to tell what they have

Edit: that's assuming what they have now works, and that it wouldn't on the models produced after the SoC change. There are a few different scenarios that would make it more or less favorable for TX

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,

SG911

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i haven't turned my switch on in a day or so. If i do so now, will it automatically update or no? Also, if i don't update, will that stop me from buying digital games?

Fluffball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
... And even then, what's to say the hardmod has been patched?

Systems that ship with 5.0 (in 1-2 months) will not work with TeamX mod,the flaws they were planning to exploit in the X1 are all well documented internally with the devkits ,if they now deem it still worthy to bother with it it's going to have very limited appeal and is almost DOA with how fast the mod scene is moving,once Atmosphere is complete with emunand who the hell would pay for a hardmod?

D

Deleted-442439

OP
So i haven't turned my switch on in a day or so. If i do so now, will it automatically update or no? Also, if i don't update, will that stop me from buying digital games?

Nope, just go to internet settings, set DNS to manual and add this:

Primary DNS:173.255.238.217
Secondary DNS: 173.255.238.217

That will block the servers. The update will not install without you telling it to. If it has downloaded do this:

Hold down the “Power” Button
Select “Reboot”
If that doesn’t work, reboot again but hold down Volume + and Volume - while rebooting that will clear the update from memory. You can't use the Eshop without updating, but version spoofing will prob let us do so in the future.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: SG911

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Systems that ship with 5.0 (in 1-2 months) will not work with TeamX mod,the flaws they were planning to exploit in the X1 are all well documented internally with the devkits ,if they now deem it still worthy to bother with it it's going to have very limited appeal and is almost DOA with how fast the mod scene is moving,once Atmosphere is complete with emunand who the hell would pay for a hardmod?
Anyone who's updated and doesn't want to wait

Fluffball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are a few different scenarios that would make it more or less favorable for TX

The one scenario that they have over softmod will be for pre revision console owners who have updated to 5.0+,if they get the word out to 'normal folk' who aren't up to date on the switch hacking scene and hear they can buy this thing they clip inside to play as many games as they want then they have a market there but weather or not that is still worth them releasing it i don't know...

By the time 5.0 switches come out there will be almost 20 million consoles out there, i suppose it could be worth it to them

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
If they needed a hardware revision to fix the flaws then every console to date should be exploitable
The one scenario that they have over softmod will be for pre revision console owners who have updated to 5.0+,if they get the word out to 'normal folk' who aren't up to date on the switch hacking scene and hear they can buy this thing they clip inside to play as many games as they want then they have a market there but weather or not that is still worth them releasing it i don't know...

By the time 5.0 switches come out there will be almost 20 million consoles out there, i suppose it could be worth it to them
20 mil at 1% is 200,000 at even 20 or so profit a piece... Well worth it ;)

Edit:missed a 0

Last edited by Soluble,

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If they needed a hardware revision to fix the flaws then every console to date should be exploitable

20 mil at 1% is 20,000 at even 20 or so profit a piece... Well worth it ;)
1% of 20 million is 200,000, not 20,000.
And if they can get an attach rate of as much as 1%, I think Nintendo will be knocking on their doors.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
meh i don't really care about switch hax anymore i only wanted it for emus and i got all them on my shield tv now and they all play perfect on it even the n64 :P

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

By "scenarios", I meant as to what the hardware revision will ACTUALLY do, and whether they actually have anything

Fluffball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone who's updated and doesn't want to wait

Seems insane to update to 5 now with the hope of TeamX delivering

20 mil at 1% is 20,000 at even 20 or so profit a piece... Well worth it ;)

I'm not so sure,that works out at 400k but how much did it cost them to develop it to begin with?

Divide the profit to all people involved and it doesn't look like much,if 20 people work at TeamX that's <20k per head,with all the risks and everything involved i'm guessing there thinking twice about it now.

Unless 'Team' is actually one guy LOL

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And if they can get an attach rate of as much as 1%, I think Nintendo will be knocking on their doors.

Lol it's late here ignore my previous post.

They will probably shift 10's thousands of units if they deliver at an attractive enough price but it isn't going to be nearly as popular as a simple flashcart that anyone can buy and just slot in.

You have to imagine this soc revision finding has made them give it a second thought,especially if they are having issues manufacturing them in the first place and weather or not it's worth it.

Last edited by Fluffball,

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems insane to update to 5 now with the hope of TeamX delivering

I'm not so sure,that works out at 400k but how much did it cost them to develop it to begin with?

Divide the profit to all people involved and it doesn't look like much,if 20 people work at TeamX that's <20k per head,with all the risks and everything involved i'm guessing there thinking twice about it now.

Unless 'Team' is actually one guy LOL

Lol it's late here ignore my previous post.

They will probably shift 10's thousands of units if they deliver at an attractive enough price but it isn't going to be nearly as popular as a simple flashcart that anyone can buy and just slot in.

You have to imagine this soc revision finding has made them give it a second thought,especially if they are having issues manufacturing them in the first place and weather or not it's worth it.
Missed a 0, but I was millions, which was my intention. 1% of people at 20 profit is 16 million. So half that 3rd that whatever. There is still a boat load of money to be made!

Well... If it's the only option. If I head back to the PSX or PS2 days, a hell of a lot more than 1 in 100 people had a mod chip. Jesus, I didn't know a single person that didn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte