jlo mein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For everyone's knowledge:

I received my Hori DS Lite screen protectors from www.play-asia.com today, and am now fairly sure the ones I got from eBay (chinese seller) are fake. Below are picture comparisons of both I have received.

Be warned!!! The ones from the chinese eBay seller are an inferior product.

The first image shows the two packages side by side. Note they have a slight colour difference.

IMGP1745.jpg

The second pic is a closeup of the front of the package. Note that the image on the left is much more blurry. That is actually how it looks, it is not a camera error.

IMGP1746.jpg

Below are the bags the packages came in (the package is just a paper sleeve). The eBay one came in a resealable that can be open and closed many times. The Play-Asia.com one came in a bag that can only be opened once (it looks tampered with after you open it).

IMGP1748.jpg

Below are the cleaning cloths that come with each. The eBay one feels like the cheap lense cloths you get with any chinese sunglasses case, but it does have "HORI" imprinted in it. The one that came with the Play-Asia.com one feels like a softer material, and has no writing on it.

IMGP1749.jpg

Finally, here is a pic of the two different screen protectors. Note that the eBay ones have english writing on the tabs. The Play-Asia.com one only has japanese writing, and has yellow stickers on the centre.

compare.jpg

Judging from this evidence I believe the eBay one to be a fake. I find this rather frustrating, as the seller can get away with it. Not many people out there are going to buy two screen protectors from different sellers just to compare. I only happened to do so because I bought one for myself two weeks ago, and one for my gf last week.

I am now bringing this to the attention of the eBay seller, and then possibly report it to eBay and attempt to file a Paypal refund.

daxtered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn it. This matches the one I got for $7 off Ebay. It was shipped from Hong Kong. Can you tell me what I can do, I applied it to my DS Lite already, but can I even get something back for this. I paid for an "Hori screen protector" not a fake!

My main concern is quality, after a week of using it and hours of Trauma Center (finally beat it) I got one scratch on the protector and this weird fade on it. Are these normal for hours of gameplay or is that a crappy protector?

CWar

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I've also been recently tricked into buying a fake DS Lite Keys Factory Smart Case
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1.

I didn't know it was fake, until I saw that they were selling blue and pink colour ones. On the Keys factory site, they only had white and black. They also had post at yyjoy.com ( http://www.yyjoy.com/yy/?p=799 ). Through the vague translation, it says that it's hard to tell the difference.

It does look solidly built though, but I'm afraid it might scratch my DSL.

jlo mein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you everyone for your responses.

The seller I got mine from on eBay was egun007. On the auction it specifically states it is a Hori screen protector.
My ebay purchase link

Yes I do plan to report this to Hori, although I emailed them about this previous (only inquiring if I had possibly received a fake) last week, and have not received a response.

The quality of the fake eBay one is not good. It scratches very easily. I have about 5 significant scratches on my touch screen protector right now, and it has only been used for a few days. The Hori one seems to have a more translucent tint (the fake one is slightly brown), and seems to be more resistant to scratches. With the fake one, I also get a weird anomaly on the top screen. In the centre, it's creating a mark that looks like there is water stuck between the screen and the protector, and yet there is no water trapped there. I can correct it by pulling at the centre with scotch tape, but it will return after I close the DS Lite lid.

daxtered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you post pics of the fake one compared to the real one. And if you can pics of how either one looks on the DS itself. I should have known when I purchased mine something was up when they were only $7 : /

What do yu suggest I do, athough I have already placed mine on the screen. I have one significant scratch and this other blurry scratch. Can Paypal reimburse me for the crap they sent?

mr_saturn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I did indeed order from him. I have dispatched a fairly aggressive email to him, demanding a refund if the product he sent me is not genuine. I outlined what I would do if he refused and I found the product to be fake.

Hopefully we can get this resolved! I will also contact ebay and hori.

samk64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dangit... i just got mine from egun007 and already put it on.... oh well, thanks for the warning - don't want to mess my screen up.

so, what did you guys do? i don't know if i should contact the seller or not.

edit: yea, i guess i'll send him an email too

ranmaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh crap!
I also ordered my protective sticker from digispeak. Oh my, will they get a negative feedback or what!

aarrgghhh I feel so dumb.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanks for warning us, I was just about to order one from ebay...
it's cheaper at Play-Asia anyway, because the shipping costs of the ebay sellers are so high

maybe I'll just order one together with the G6 Lite...we'll see

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just for the record:
I got one from Lik-Sang which looks exactly like the one you got from Play-Asia, it's still in perfect condition.

V

Vulpix

Oh my god! jlo mein, can I have your permission to post this is another forum I frequent as well? This has to be made known to everyone!

Celb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the heads up, I had fake ones on
sleep.gif
' When I move the stylus there's a weird feeling.. hmm.. if I had to describe it, it's kinda like the apple ipod clickwheel thing.

And yes, the screen shots match. I bought mine on ebay from hkdiscus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1