Hacking Warning: Breath of the Wild with 3.0.1 Update

PlasticK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
so on black friday i bought legend of zelda breath of the wild on sale. my mario odyssey switch was on 3.0.0.
today i inserted the game in my switch console and it said i needed to update my console software in order to play it. i thought wtf this is a 1.0.0 game.
i agreed and after a reboot i was on 3.0.1 :(

so it seems nintendo replaced the older games <3.0.0 with ones that require >3.0.1

if one of those games from the firmware list wants an update, decline and buy an used copy.

my advice

PlasticK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Good information but why accept an update?!

because i didn't know better and i'm a newbie to switch since my console is just a month old and it was my first try at a game. i thought when i press agree it would say you are already on the latest system software

PlasticK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
i also bought mario kart 8 deluxe.

expect newer print runs of all the old / launch switch games to require a firmware update of 3.0.1 and above.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So uh should we make a thread to list the serial of the gamecard ?
I think it probably would be a good idea to ask @B4rtj4h to update the OP on his popular thread, perhaps add serial numbers for this particular game, and post a big "WARNING" message in the first post of that thread.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it probably would be a good idea to ask @B4rtj4h to update the OP on his popular thread, perhaps add serial numbers for this particular game, and post a big "WARNING" message in the first post of that thread.

Already did that :D! Good thinking haha!
I would have to check my serial number @ home from Zelda. Could the OP send me his over PM? If these are different then we can make a statement :).

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
i also bought mario kart 8 deluxe.

expect newer print runs of all the old / launch switch games to require a firmware update of 3.0.1 and above.
They'll probably have game updates as well, bringing them up to date (bug fixes, various improvements, etc). Legit users would be happy, but those of us wanting to stay on a lower firmware won't. :( If you look at the numbers, users on newer firmware far outweigh the ones that keep hope alive that one day we'll get something good on 3.0.0 (like the infamous 4.5 on the 3DS, or 3.55 on the PS3).

I was hoping to pick it up as well, but now I'm not so sure.

Last edited by DSpider,

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they actually are doing this? Well, I got pokken for my second console on 2.3.0 a while ago anyway. No rush.

PlasticK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
where do i find the serial? on the cartridge or on the back cover? is it unique to each copy like the console serial?

i wanted to own a homebrew-capable sexy mario odyssey switch. the chances of finding another 3.0.0 odyssey bundle are zero since they sold out everywhere during the black friday / cyber monday sales and newer batches will all be 3.0.1 and higher

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
is it unique to each copy like the console serial?
I don't know if they are unique, that what I want to know.
You have 1 serial for each sides, one should be game ID and the other propably a different (unique?) number.

Last edited by Arck,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, did this cart least come with the game patches? Or was they downloaded from the server? If they go through the trouble of including a updated firmware, they should have least patch the game as well. :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a