Warning: Breath of the Wild with 3.0.1 Update

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by PlasticK, Nov 29, 2017.

1. MachRc

MachRc Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2017
    United States
    So its CONFIRMED that new BOTW cart games include 3.0.1

Im so happy I decided to buy my friend a copy instead of returning his cart and buying a new one!!!!! ZOMG, Nintendo ALLLLMOST had me

B4rtj4h likes this.
  2. machinoman

machinoman GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2011
    United States
  3. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    I'm pretty sure I'm the only one on GBAtemp that has up to date switch firmware

Last edited by Nerdtendo, Dec 3, 2017
    DayVeeBoi likes this.
  4. Linkinsoldier

Linkinsoldier Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2017
    Germany
    Found someone on ebay to sell a cardridge from Amazon Germany bought on Oktober 3th which has the same label (see attached picture). Looks like you should be fine!

Can you please post your result - I will buy a new copy from Amazon then :)

Attached Files:

5. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    Up to do? Up to date? Nah, I'm on the latest.

6. jellybeangreen2

jellybeangreen2 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 9, 2015
    I just bought the grey switch and BOTW. The switch came one 3.0.1. Upgraded to 4.0.1. I’ll wait for a 3ds style hack within the next 2 years. Better to play games that are available than wait in hope for free games..

7. Blackfall

Blackfall Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2017
    Germany
    Hey thanks for this information. I can post the result but this can take a longer time since I just wanted to be sure so I don't send it back to amazon. Idk yet when I update my switch since i'm still waiting for more progress in homebrew. When there is a good base with graphical output I will start homebrew work and with it I'm also updating my switch. Also most of the reswitched team still say lowest version possible is best...sounds like there is much more in private with older versions than they gave public.

8. Linkinsoldier

Linkinsoldier Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2017
    Germany
    Good to know, so I better also stick with my 2.2.0 :)

Only reason for me to update would be if'd be able to update mario kart on my second switch so it matches the other switch without updating the system firmware - so I could play both against each other in local mode :/

Does anyone know if the local game update is introduced in 3.0. or later? Would be the only reason for me to update to 3.0.0. currently!

Last edited by Linkinsoldier, Dec 3, 2017
  9. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    I got my pokken dx today from a local seller.
    HAC-P-BAAYA TRA-HAC-BAAYA-GEP
    The game box is german but why is there GEP and not GER? Do you think it has 3.0.0+ update on it??

Last edited by pLaYeR^^, Dec 4, 2017
  10. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    For no reason I used my pokken game and updated from 2.3.0 to 3.0.0. I don't care, it'll be hacked either way.

azoreseuropa likes this.
  11. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    Yeah and like zillions other people that are not waiting for Piracy and just enjoy their console the way it was meant to be?

12. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    Bad idea. You should have stayed on 2.3.0. 3.0.0 has a battery issue, which 3.0.1 fixes (along with patching one of their biggest mistakes that makes ROhan possible).

13. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Is the battery issue not present on firms below 3.0.0? I was under the impression that they only got around to fixing it at 3.0.1.

weatMod likes this.
  14. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    With the release of Nintendo Switch's 3.0.0 update, a new bug was introduced causing some users to experience issues with the system's battery indicator, which Nintendo has now addressed. [in 3.0.1]
    Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/01/nintendo-switch-updated-to-fix-battery-charge-meter-bug

The issue manifests itself in a few ways. Either your system will never charge fully, the charging icon is not reflective of the total charge (meaning it looks low when it isn’t) or the icon doesn’t appear at all.
    Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...ously-convoluted-seven-hour-fix/#5be5c60310fa

Last edited by DSpider, Dec 4, 2017
    8BitWonder likes this.
  15. g00s3y

g00s3y Asshole

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    FL
    "I don't buy a console unless I get to play games on it for free"

2 games nominated for GOTY, 100% desrving of it, and the console (among numerous other positive reasons), isn't "good" enough for you.

You're part of the problem.

Arck, Sinon, B4rtj4h and 2 others like this.
  16. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    I remember this battery bug but I don't really care.

17. Linkinsoldier

Linkinsoldier Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2017
    Germany
    Which ean does your copy have (to check If the correct firmware will be on my copy)?

And can you do me a big favor and check if the option for "local game option" is available with 3.0.0 update? Select + on the game (perfect would be on Mario kart),then go to game update and the local update (or similar)
    Does it say "will be available with a later system update" or can you actually select this?

Last edited by Linkinsoldier, Dec 4, 2017
  18. willy101

willy101 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2006
    I'm debating buying the explorer edition if I get a 3.0.1 cart, is the update forced or can I back out? i have an unopened presumably 2.3.0 switch

19. g4jek8j54

g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2007
    United States
    If the cartridge has 3.0.1 on it, and your Switch firmware is at 2.3.0, you will be required to install the update before you can play the game.

20. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    It will ask you to update, so you can't play the game but aren't automatically updated either.

willy101 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice