Warning: Breath of the Wild with 3.0.1 Update

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by PlasticK, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    you bought ALL pokken switch games from Amazon EU only to test them oO wow you must be a millionair or something like this to buy them all ... or did all the European Amazon shops only have it once each ?

2. Thelonewolf88

Thelonewolf88 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 11, 2016
    United States
    Lol, no, It's called inside info. Basically all current stock has the same serial/batch/product SKU on the database. Been no change since the first initial warehouse stock, so all current batches are shipped with 3.00 firmware, unless that is subject to change in the future. Who knows?

Last edited by Thelonewolf88, Nov 30, 2017
  3. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    Ok so my Zelda serial on the front looks weird... LA-H-AAAAA-EUR
    Can anyone post what the newer cartridges look like?

Last edited by B4rtj4h, Nov 30, 2017
  4. goldensun87

goldensun87 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2017
    United States
    No thanks, constantly breaking weapons is a dealbreaker for me. And since BOTW sold well, I don't have to feel guilty about pirating it later (not that I ever feel guilty about pirating games).

5. bailli

bailli GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2006
    Gambia, The
    So you have no problems with breaking weapons if you didn't pay for the game? :unsure:

CuriousTommy and darkangel5000 like this.
  6. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Well, they say you break it you pay it.
    Of course that way breaking weapons ends up feeling so bad, it is like a pavlovian reaction that makes your wallet hurt.
    But if you don't have to pay, well then you can break as much as you want and even enjoy it. /s

7. Soluble

Soluble GBAtemp Fan

Mar 12, 2017
    Didn't think about that!

Option 2 they purchased the Odyssey pack which requires 3.01 to play, and actually updated from Odyssey, not Zelda? Then when Zelda was inserted a reboot was required

Who buys a bundle like that and doesn't stick the cartridge in!

Last edited by Soluble, Nov 30, 2017
  8. MachRc

MachRc Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2017
    United States
    I have been playing my friends BOTW cart as he is waiting for DLC and playing Mario. He had given me a thick collectors book also and my son has been playing BOTW like crazy. I bought this yesterday so that I can give my friend a brand new game pack and keep the (surprisingly tiny) adventurer's guide.

Let me know if I have to tear into the package to get any other shot. 20171130_114324.jpg

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

20171130_114257.jpg

B4rtj4h likes this.
  9. Shiesty

Shiesty Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2017
    Canada
    Same thing happened to me. New Zelda cartridge would not play unless you ran the update.

10. rac

rac Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    United States
    same codes as my explorer edition, no updates game version 1.0.0.

11. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Legendary Shinobi

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Hamburg
    maybe it was already said....but....never accept an update....if online or cardrige.....it isnt called UPdate for fun...(i dont mean it bad but my english isnt perfect so i dont know how to spell it)

12. Soluble

Soluble GBAtemp Fan

Mar 12, 2017
    Did you try and clear update data first and then play? Did it update to 3.0.1?

13. studio1b

studio1b Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    NEW YORK CITY
    was the console connected to the internet at any point ?

i have had zelda since day one, on 3.0.0 firmware when i launch zelda it always tells me i have a update but you click CANCEL and it then starts the game.
    I'm thinking the 3.0.0 firmware holds info on games that have a update. and you would need to block all update servers like i do and i can still play the game no problem

Last edited by studio1b, Dec 1, 2017
  14. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    its why i hesitated and passed on DBZ for switch on black friday

15. Shiesty

Shiesty Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2017
    Canada
    Disclaimer that it was a refurbished console on 2.x.x. looked completely unplayed aside from open box. I looked through menus for updates to clear for a while, seeing if anything was downloaded on the console. I couldnt find any info online about it and just clicked update because it has never had wifi and it updated to 3.0.1.

Last edited by Shiesty, Dec 1, 2017
  16. cloudfe

cloudfe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    It happened to me too :(
    Yesterday I've received my copy from Amazon France. My Switch came with 3.0.0 and it never went online. It immediately asked me for an update when I inserted the cartdridge...

Now that even the game updates require a higher firmware, I might as well crush under pressure and buy a second Switch (I won't give up on the perfect emulation machine yet...).

Nezztor likes this.
  17. alepman90

alepman90 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 10, 2014
    Scene is moving fast don't do it,get another switch for Legit and online gaming and sell the accessories
    finding 3.0 FW will be hard in few mths and ebay scalpers will take advantage of it

18. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    so am i safe if go out today and by pokken today in the US to update from 2.3.0 ro 3.0.0 ?

19. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    I think it's safe since pokken is out for about two months and they wont give it another update on cartridge after such a short time.

weatMod likes this.
  20. Blackfall

Blackfall Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2017
    Germany
    Does someone have pokken with the 3.0.0 cartridge update and is willing to share the informations at the barcode on the back? Still having mine unopened and I would like to compare if they're really the same.
    Mine (EU-Germany bought 24.11.) serial_pokken.jpg :

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice