Gaming WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
You have the same chances of getting banned regardless of what firmware you use.

As for the Tekken thing, I'm sure it's fine if you burn it, but if you want to be 100% sure you may want to wait for the new version of abgx. Its probably giving you that error because the game is wave 4 or maybe it's not in the abgx database yet. I've been away from the 360 scene for a while so I'm not completely sure.

Thanks, I will just wait. I am patient. usually when a new firmware is released, when does abgx come out with their new software update..A few days? Only two of the wave 4 games I have have been verified anyway so I will just wait. Thanks for the info, so I have the same chance of being banned with the new firmware as I am right now with the firmware I have..now I have to find someone to update it for me. The guy that did mine originally, he is in Hollywood, he said he will update for 20 bucks so I might go next week..wish I could find someone closer then that but oh well

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i've played borderlands, odst and brutal legend pretty much a day after they were released online. havent been banned from live yet. but we'll see.

Shad0wninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn, I won't be playing Borderlands with my friends for a while.

IGN also reported this too.
IGN.com said:
October 30, 2009 - Wake up this morning only to find your Xbox Live account has been banned? That's probably because you had a modded console and were playing illegal, pirated copies of games.

"We have taken action against a small percentage of consoles that have been modified to play pirated game discs," a Microsoft spokesperson told IGN. "In line with our commitment to combat piracy and support safer and more secure gameplay for the more than 20 million members of our Xbox LIVE community, we are suspending these modded consoles from Xbox LIVE."

Though Microsoft wouldn't confirm specifically when these bannings took place, a quick look over on its official forums suggest it's been going on over the course of this past week. Plenty of users have created threads on the technical feedback forum reporting of having their Xbox 360 console banned.

Microsoft also added this is a standing policy and isn't tied to any specific time-frame.

"All consumers should know that piracy is illegal and that modifying their Xbox 360 console to play pirated discs violates the Xbox LIVE terms of use, will void their warranty and result in a ban from Xbox LIVE," the spokesperson added. "The health of the video game business depends on customers paying for the genuine products and services they receive from manufacturers, retailers, and the third parties that support them

Source: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1040853p1.html

That sure is a great Halloween surprise on us.
Happy Halloween..
frown.gif

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
Oh and there is supposedly a p2p version of Modern Warfare 2 doing the rounds (thanks to luke_c on IRC for the heads up today), leave it the hell alone people unless you can argue otherwise:
supposed ABGX360 screenshot (SS, DMI, PFI all missing):
http://i33.tinypic.com/2nkdwg.png

edit: @Lakerfanalways clue is in the message: PFI does not match known data (could be corrupt or a new wave not seen before)
ABGX360 needs an update for wave 4 but they were waiting to find the cutoff date among other things before doing it (there was a big post on the frontpage of their site a few days back).

Would there be a way to get this working on1.4?. Not bothered about a console ban (rrod dying) so up for using my spare account to play 1 player...

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mr deez said:
FAST6191 said:
Oh and there is supposedly a p2p version of Modern Warfare 2 doing the rounds (thanks to luke_c on IRC for the heads up today), leave it the hell alone people unless you can argue otherwise:
supposed ABGX360 screenshot (SS, DMI, PFI all missing):
http://i33.tinypic.com/2nkdwg.png

edit: @Lakerfanalways clue is in the message: PFI does not match known data (could be corrupt or a new wave not seen before)
ABGX360 needs an update for wave 4 but they were waiting to find the cutoff date among other things before doing it (there was a big post on the frontpage of their site a few days back).

Would there be a way to get this working on1.4?. Not bothered about a console ban (rrod dying) so up for using my spare account to play 1 player...
It doesn't matter. The game doesn't boot anyway.

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]
It doesn't matter. The game doesn't boot anyway.
[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I was wondering - could anyone patch the missing stuff or anything to make it work? no doubt I'm being incredibly naive about the complexity of such things!

JesseB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When M$ and its third party developers stop charging ridiculous prices (60+ american dollars) for what amounts to shovelware half the time, i'll start buying games. Wake up and smell the coffee people. I think Bill Gates could charge 30 dollars for new games and still have more money than God.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
JesseB said:
When M$ and its third party developers stop charging ridiculous prices (60+ american dollars) for what amounts to shovelware half the time, i'll start buying games. Wake up and smell the coffee people. I think Bill Gates could charge 30 dollars for new games and still have more money than God.
Yeah, this is why I pretty much pirate games..... I can't afford to buy $60 ALL the time.

highanimalhouse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
JesseB said:
Yeah, this is why I pretty much pirate games..... I can't afford to buy $60 ALL the time.

Yeah, I only 'pirate' games (which I use very loosely) because I don't think paying $60+ is fair for me. Not to mention publishers that want you to buy peripherals and charge almost as much as a system for it (Activision, EA, etc). Most of the games I've downloaded I actually buy retail copies later when the price is right for me. I don't really believe in paying more than $20 for a game, especially when there is almost no effort and the games are too easy nowadays.

If Microsoft really cared about 'piracy,' they would stop allowing crappy games on their system.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont need to worry about live. I will play just fine for myself or vs with my friend in the house without worrying online. No worries.

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hearing some people talk about losing access to their hard drives after being banned. Unable to install games, unable to load gamesaves, and content rights disabled (arcade games reverting to trial games instead of full).

If this is true... oh damn...

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the reason i have 2 elites (besides buying the LE re5 console lol) The moded one has no way to go online and all its updates are done via HD. And my RE console has live and only plays legit games. Since im not a FPS fan i only play a few of those ofline on the moded one or story games. If i care enough about a game that i want DLC or play online ill just buy it. but imagine purshasing every shovelware and off genere game at launch at 60+ any colector would go at ruin. As for tag banning theres no chance at getting banned for downloading updates on the legit console and transfering to the pirated one corect? it seems unlogical they could deted the other console via Media card.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
It is true about them locking out the HDD functionalitys. I got banned this morning and I can't install games to the HDD, I am assuming they are doing this to stop people from installing DLC content packs like the one in the recent fallout 3 GOTY. Very annoying indeed. Loading and saving games seems to be unaffected, although Ive only played 1 game today (gta4 episodes).

I dont have any XBLA titles so I can't confirm wether they are reverting to trial only or not, but I had 3 demos saved to my HDD, and they all work properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse