1. jimmyj

jimmyj Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj

United Kingdom
    well cool I guess

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    It's already known Nintendo lurks here, so I don't have my Nintendo codes on here. I give them out as people need them.

StrifeSephiroth and jimmyj like this.
  3. Steph72

Steph72 Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Its true because the bad guys out there doing the bad things are looking for a victim were they can dump all this case in one person to redirect the authorities out of there site so yah

BE CAREFUL everyone, do not reveal any useful information to this people.. they are smart and they are using it the wrong way -_-

4. Auston

Auston Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you for the warning, I'm new to the rom and emulation scene. I'm enjoying it so far though.

xRudeAwakening likes this.
  5. SFDelta

SFDelta Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Warning has been received and is much appreciated. It needs to be known that there are always risks when stepping into the moral grey area of gaming and safety to yourself and your assets should be prio #1. Definetly nice to see someone taking an initiative.

6. Roly32

Roly32 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Thanks.

Seriel likes this.
  7. wiiuepiccpu

wiiuepiccpu Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I mean this: don't do piracy.
    Hell even releases early dumps of games can get you to basically hell.
    Just look at what happened to the guy who did the sm4sh leak.Nintendo cough him and landed him in jail and demanded a giant fee.So trust me don't do piracy.
    If you do and release it online with your name well, don't be surprised when the FBI knocks on your door

8. buberQT3dragon

Newcomer

United States
    Luckily I don't dump the games...

9. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Whats your point? This is more for when like early leaks show up and can easily be traced back.

10. wiiuepiccpu

Newcomer

United States
    To be honest even releasing a game is illegal, However if you dump a game\bios it is legal if and only IF YOU KEEP THE DUMP TO YOURSELF. The second you share the game its illegal.Unless the game was not intended for release such as a demo disc found in a gamecube kiosk demo.Another exception would be that of a game that was never trademarked

andyhappypants likes this.
  11. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Global Moderator

Poland
    Even that is not necessarily true - many countries do not guarantee the right to backing up software for their citizens, while many others put restrictions on that right, most notably technology circumvention restrictions. It's all highly dependent on your local implementation of copyright law, nothing is universal in this regard.

Iibui and Arras like this.
  12. Iibui

Iibui Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    That’s what I don’t get. People know how strongly big mama pursues people. Why even try to gain bragging rights. The people downloading won’t care who you are months after they downloaded your file. Worse of all, none of them will try to help save you when the worst happens. If you plan on doing this kind of stuff, stay anon and just enjoy the fact that people are thankful at the moment for your work.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This. Everyone keeps seeing the world through the laws of their country saying “I have the right to....” or “You have the right to....” but that’s a horrible arguement and ethnocentric. Just because your country’s laws say it’s okay doesn’t mean it’s fine in other countries. In my country even doing save mods is an offense that outside you in jail. Dumping a game, even for personal archiving, will land you muuuuch worse over here.

13. Jaguar22

Jaguar22 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've been reading some parts of this thread, and it's a bit scary. I'm just wondering if just talking about dumps or posting about an issue here regarding, say, dumped games and DLC on your 3DS would land you in jail? This is all hypothetically speaking, of course.

Last edited by Jaguar22, Feb 15, 2020
  14. wiiuepiccpu

Newcomer

United States
    No, far from it

15. Iibui

Iibui Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    Discussion no. Distributing or sharing and having your identity tied to the files, absolutely. Even my country who jails you for modding saves won’t jail you for discussing it.

16. emc28285

emc28285 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Question: is there a way to manually change region of a 3ds rom? Like to go into the file and change it?

17. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    No. other region roms do have a lot of different addresses changed within the rom. it wont work.

18. emc28285

emc28285 Member
    Newcomer

United States
  19. eternaldream

eternaldream Newbie
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    Sometimes fan translations are distributed that way, like with the Box Boy Collection. If someone wants to go that way, I'm not judging one way or another... but he/she should be very careful to commit to that and not brag about that work elsewhere to endanger himself and others who post on the same place and get dragged down by his own fault. It's only common sense.

Otherwise, it's really heartwarming to see people here look out for each other, rather than use this as an opportunity for witch hunting, which would lead to less transparency, frank talk, and then the problem would fester. Avoiding these trappings is how the scene was able to go on for so long and so strong. Let's not cause lasting damage in real life because of stupid, avoidable mistakes, everyone. Remember the New Super Mario Brow Wii situation in 2009.

Last edited by eternaldream, Mar 9, 2020
  20. emc28285
    This message by emc28285 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Mar 25, 2020, Reason: Offtopic.
    Mar 25, 2020 Show
  21. emc28285
    This message by emc28285 has been removed from public view by x65943, Mar 30, 2020 at 10:53 PM, Reason: Off topic.
    Mar 30, 2020 at 10:46 PM Show
  22. emc28285
    This message by emc28285 has been removed from public view by VinsCool, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:39 PM, Reason: Offtopic, please create a new thread for your questions..
    Mar 31, 2020 at 11:28 PM Show
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Associating, identity, Warning